Just set up a darkroom

Smilemon

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I took a roll of film today, BW 400 ISO 36 exposure.. All that jazz. At an ultimate frisbee game. It was pretty neat, lots of people falling and jumping and stuff.

Anyway, I got my bathroom all light proofed, got my reel winded, went through the whole process.

AND YOU KNOW WHAT????

DAT **** WORKED!!!!!!

I'm so stoked. I underexposed the film a little and didn't develop it long enough, but I can live with that. The effect is constant across the roll so its easy to fix.

I'd never shot with that particular type of film before and I'd never used chemicals other than D76 and the like. Its just a matter of time before I get into the swing of things.

Tomorrow I'm gonna start printing the highlights.

I'm soooooo stoked to have a darkroom to myself. No more fighting over the best enlarger or best reel and tank..

ITS ALL MINE!!!!!
Best part I only paid 180 for the works, chemicals and hardware. Its like a 1200 - 2000 dollar setup (back in the day)

Kyle

P.S Ill post some scans tomorrow.

Nice work, Kyle! I also develop in my bathroom.

Soon I'll have a real darkroom! I can't wait.

I'm in Neal's boat, in fact, I think that's him right up there . . .(HEY NEAL!) Yeah, process in my downstairs half bath and no printing yet, but I have a wedding coming up so I might get a 35mm/120 neg scanner in the meantime.

Ok... On a soberer note. In retrospect I really didn't get any good pictures off this roll. Everything is underexposed and I need to find a better way to dry my film. I'm still excited about the whole do it myself thing. I just need to go take another roll and try again.

So where is it possible to get all of the equipment to set up that cheap? Everywhere I've looked, it's flat out expensive.

craigslist would be my first suggestion.

erie

anabstar where are you located?

people are always giving our school equipment and we sometimes have all sorts of extra stuff hanging around taking up space. we might be able to work something out.

Yard sales. People practically give darkroom stuff away.

Craigslist for me. I got my Besseler 23cII for $40.

Most reactions

Back