Just Some Pictures - C&C If You Want

31M0

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello everyone

I've been taking some pictures every now and then and I just wanted to share them with you. Some are old which I put up a good while ago and some are fairly new, here's a link to my Flickr photostream.

Feel free, in fact please do, critique and comment on them since I want to get better! :mrgreen:

4504489947_e614d612c4_o.jpg

4504489897_ecd27d98ab_o.jpg

4505122868_517b3420c1_o.jpg

Thanks in advance.

Also, I do realise that in the second picture there's quite a bit of shake but I just really like it for some reason, it also looks blown out so... Why I like it? I don't really know...

Last edited:
1. Oversaturated, nothing in focus, no composition
2. Noisy, blown out, car in shot, etc.
3. In focus, but boring.

1. Blurry. Over-saturated.

2. Blurry. Noisy. Blown out. Interesting subject though. Maybe try a reshoot?

3. It's a picture of a headlight. :meh: And it seems underexposed?

Edited to add: Sorry, I pretty much said everything that Geaux said, but I posted before refreshing.

Ah, yeah. I see what you both mean now.

They're nowhere near as nice as I thought, ah well. This is how you learn I suppose :mrgreen:

I think with 1 I oversaturated it in PS unfortunately.

I'm quite disappointed with those now. :p

Only way to go from here is up I suppose.

Cheers for all of the comments.

Ah, yeah. I see what you both mean now.

They're nowhere near as nice as I thought, ah well. This is how you learn I suppose :mrgreen:

I think with 1 I oversaturated it in PS unfortunately.

I'm quite disappointed with those now. :p

Only way to go from here is up I suppose.

Cheers for all of the comments.

Great attitude! :thumbup:

I think the biggest issue you have is focus and composition. ( Aside from subject matter which can be debated all day long ).

I agree that the saturation is way overdone in #1. You should probably focus on the basics ( composition, camera techniques to minimize camera shake, and exposure ) before diving into too much Post Processing. A common misconception is that photoshop can fix any picture. ( I also had this same impression when starting out ) but it can't. You can polish a turd all day long but at the end of the day its still a turd, just one that sparkles a little more. ( not saying that your work is a turd, just trying to put it into perspective for you );). If you have a super blurry picture ( unless intentionally so ) just scrap it.

I like the headlight shot. Good focus and detail! Sound choice to keep it in b&w.

Thanks for all the tips guys. I used to know most of the stuff that you guys are saying, but after having taken a huge break from photography (thanks to university) I seem to have forgotten quite a bit of it.

Thank you all though :)

Most reactions

Back