Just some random pics. Not so 56k friendly....

Discussion in 'General Gallery' started by BigRC, Feb 2, 2004.

1. BigRC

BigRC TPF Noob!

Still just playing with my new digicam. No studio or anything like that yet. It's freezing out, so I don't do many outside shots. Let me know what ya think. :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks for looking!

2. TwistMyArm

TwistMyArm TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Big cat fan?

Anyway I like them all. I think the milk photo is really cool, but my favorite is the truck. I like the low profile that you took on it. You should try and crop out the red truck that is in the background though, because I think that it distracts from the actual subject.

3. BigRC

BigRC TPF Noob!

Yesss... I love animals. Especially cats for some reason. They seem to have a lot of personality to me.

Thanks, I think the truck is one of my favs too. I'll definitely crop it now. I didn't even notice it until you mentioned it, thanks :). That's the kind of eye I'm looking to have. I still have yet a lot to learn about image composition and lighting techniques, but I'm thinking about taking some classes or an online course of some sort to help me in that area.

That milkdrop is the only one out of about 80 shots I took that turned out really good, even though the plate is a little off balance (I hate myself for not noticing that until I put it on my computer).

Thanks for taking the time to look at them, and thanks for such a great site!

4. vonnagy

vonnagy have kiwi, will travel...

Photos NOT OK to edit
    nice ones BigRC,

thanks for sharing those, its actually hard for me to pick a fav... but i'll try .... hrrmm.. they are all fab :)

Think i'll go with the last one, I would like to see the reds come out bit more, maybe saturate the colours a bit. the milk shot is fab, what was your shutterspeed?

cool posting mate! :thumbsup:

5. TwistMyArm

TwistMyArm TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I'm a big cat fan myself, I think because they're so smart...well most anyways.

I like the angle that the plate is on. Having the patience to take that many shots in order to get the right one is what's going to make you a great photographer, sorry, what makes you a great photographer.

6. BigRC

BigRC TPF Noob!

Yes, they are.

Thank you very much! Those are very kind words!

This picture is rather creepy...

[​IMG]

7. BigRC

BigRC TPF Noob!

Thanks a lot vonnagy! The shutterspeed was set at 1/2000th.

I played around in photoshop on that last one, it kind of repressed the red a bit I think. I'll play around with it some more and see what I come up with. :)