Just stand there for a sec........

malachite

Heavily Medicated For Your Protection
Reaction score
I've come to the conclusion that my orange filter and I are not communicationg properly. Back to red for the rocks next time. But for now....................

Boulders_a.jpg

Boulders_d.jpg

TMax 100 & Nikon 18-35mm

edit - they get darker when you post em' hmmmmm........

I am sure the negs look better than what we are seeing.
I'm still working with the scanner doing B&W. I just started to get color figured out but it seems like B&W is another story.

What is the size of the stone in the second frame
'bout 20 feet

That second rock looks like a tall skinny cat.
Took me a minute to figure that one out but now I'm seeing it :p

crosmill said:
Sorry for being crass but the second one looks like a phallus..........

...someone had to say it!! ;)

I really like the second pic... did u use a B&W film? or use a package to make it B&W? I never know what to do!!

mfacer said:
crosmill said:

...someone had to say it!! ;)

I really like the second pic... did u use a B&W film? or use a package to make it B&W? I never know what to do!!

Nice pics. The second one is great, hehe. Any photos I think should be B&W I still take in color, then convert in PS. That way you have 2 pics in one. Then again I'm fully digital, so it's a little easier that way.

...someone had to say it!!
Should have known better on this forum :wink:

I'll be going out there again this weekend and just to fit in a little better around here I'll keep the "fertility rocks" theme going for ya' all :p

crosmill said:

How can you say that?.....to think that it represents anything is just a fallacy :wink:

Finally getting the scanner tuned into B&W a little better but I'm still losing something somewhere between Photoshop and uploading to the server and viewing online. I've got the image loaded into Photoshop right now and also in IE via my server and I'm looking at two totally different images. What gives?

Boulders_a1.jpg

Yeah, I don't know what the issue would be (I have terrible scanner and b/w issues myself, would love to know what you figured out!) but that third one is just gorgeous on my screen except it seems a tad pixely in the sky to me.

128th & Dynamite. Wanna go? Bring your boots, it's rattlesnake and gila monster country. 6 rattlesnakes, 2 gila monsters, 4 tarantulas, 2 scorpions, and 1 really pissed off owl that decided I was too close to her nest. All that just the last 2 times I was out there.....................

Most reactions

Back