just started in photography

bry05

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
hi, ive just recently started out in photography and was hoping i could get a few tips/critisims here are a few of my photos:

Flowers.jpg

Scan0001.jpg

Tree.jpg

Water.jpg

thanks, i have more to post, but didnt want to annoy people by posting too many at once, by the way i use a nikon F55.

Hi, Before giving any feedback i would love to see slightly bigger images (kind of like viewing a stamp ;) )

This is a really good place for photographers that are new, its not full of photographers that have been pros for 20 years that wont reply to your images "because your new" and its not also full of new photographers that cant help you grow. its a place where you can grow as a photographer and at first get hints and technical help and when you grow into a good photographer you can pass knowledge on whilst still learning.

so what I'm trying to say is... erm.... welcome!

nice work bry05. looks great!

we could all appreciate your work much more if post your images a little larger. ;)

welcome to TPF...glad to have you!

thanks, this sounds really dumb, how do i go about resizing to a larger image size?

bry05 said:
thanks, this sounds really dumb, how do i go about resizing to a larger image size?

Have you got the full size images? if you have you can resize them in photoshop (or if you haven't got that GIMP is free) and this programs will enable you to resize your image. about 750-800 pix wide is generally the size for web viewers.

okay thanks for that, i resized them in photoshop. however when i upload to photobucket they are automatically resized to 160 pix width. this is because the images are too large, right? so do i need to change the file type?

bry05 said:
okay thanks for that, i resized them in photoshop. however when i upload to photobucket they are automatically resized to 160 pix width. this is because the images are too large, right? so do i need to change the file type?

to save all that messing around just resize them in PS and then upload them to www.imageshack.us

will work well :)

argh after all that i now think i have an image size which is more acceptable:

Tree.jpg

will post the other 3 photos in the next few minutes

Right! i now have my photos loaded up at a decent image size! like i said i am very new to photography and just want some hints/tips/critisms. btw, thankyou Andergraph for your help!

thanks for your comments lensmeister, i have two more photos from the same bridge:

Bridge2.jpg

Bridge3.jpg

let me know what you think.

thanks.

Nice work! Don't take your finger off the trigger! I think you have got something here.

thanks, just wanted some peoples opinions, so i know wheather or not im on the right track. thanks for the comments.:thumbup:

Most reactions

Back