Just started my own photography site!

NickLane<br>
<br>
Welcome to the forum! Thanks for posting your site. Its great to see people getting involved in photography. As with anything worthwhile, it doesnt come easy. I think you will benefit a lot from posting images for critique in the appropriate forums, ie. the beginners section of the sports section. There you will be able to get more information, tips, tricks and help to help you grow in this journey.<br>
<br>
A few tips for you, when you are posting images for critique, limit the number (4-5) and number them for easy reference. That will help people to comment.<br>
<br>Again, welcome, and hope this is a great learning place for you!<br>
<br>
Cheers,<br>
Kristal
<br><br>Thank you Kristal, next time I make a post (somewhere around next week) I'll be sure to follow that guideline as closely as possible!

Actually, wouldn't the subsection in the Marketplace be the right place for this?

Technically yes... but did you check out his photos? :)

Some of them where really good. :D

Anyhow, what you should do with this is only post your BEST works, there are some in there that you should take out in my opinion, from a business perspective. On another note there is a nice quality to your work that is a little less, ordinary (not counting the skateboard pictures though, I don't know if it's even possible to get a skate shot that doesn't look like every other page of Trasher), and I think that's a good thing, I think I've said it before but I can not stand ''normal'' photography, only because I've already seen the same shots a billion times and I don't want to anymore.

You also do need to have contact information, what work you do best, what makes your work special (not every client is gonna be able to just spot it, some of them may have no idea what gos on outside of magazines, arbitrary facebook share cover photos, wedding photography, ect...), pricing (if you are selling prints, or pricing for shoots if you are charging, but don't set yourself too low if you do charge, if you don't feel you are ready to charge then don't). I ran a site with webs for a couple years or so, they have pretty cheap .com urls, get one it will only run you a little over 20 (was only 20 when i did it, they raised their prices...). I could probably go on, but I don't know if you are doing this in order to gain potential clients, or if you are just using this as a place to put your pictures up. So I don't want to be a total jackass and go about with that when you didn't want to hear it in the first place.

Work on your layout though, don't go overboard but I know webs offers better.

Actually, wouldn't the subsection in the Marketplace be the right place for this?
Technically yes... but did you check out his photos? :)
Some of them where really good. :DAnyhow, what you should do with this is only post your BEST works, there are some in there that you should take out in my opinion, from a business perspective. On another note there is a nice quality to your work that is a little less, ordinary (not counting the skateboard pictures though, I don't know if it's even possible to get a skate shot that doesn't look like every other page of Trasher), and I think that's a good thing, I think I've said it before but I can not stand ''normal'' photography, only because I've already seen the same shots a billion times and I don't want to anymore.You also do need to have contact information, what work you do best, what makes your work special (not every client is gonna be able to just spot it, some of them may have no idea what gos on outside of magazines, arbitrary facebook share cover photos, wedding photography, ect...), pricing (if you are selling prints, or pricing for shoots if you are charging, but don't set yourself too low if you do charge, if you don't feel you are ready to charge then don't). I ran a site with webs for a couple years or so, they have pretty cheap .com urls, get one it will only run you a little over 20 (was only 20 when i did it, they raised their prices...). I could probably go on, but I don't know if you are doing this in order to gain potential clients, or if you are just using this as a place to put your pictures up. So I don't want to be a total jackass and go about with that when you didn't want to hear it in the first place.Work on your layout though, don't go overboard but I know webs offers better.
Thank you for taking the time to write all of that I really appreciate it! I do agree with some of the things you pointed out, for example taking the lesser quality photos off making a contact forum and purchasing a .com URL. (I've actually been looking into doing that). Now for the current website I have right now every has been coded from scratch in Adobe Dreamweaver xD! It takes forever to learn but, I know if I learn it now I'll be able to code much better websites in the future. Again thanks for your input

What is this? Random people who randomly start being a pro day?

What is this? Random people who randomly start being a pro day?

There was a memo... Perhaps it's buried under some TPS Reports.

Aw, c'mon folks. It's a website to showcase her work. It's a little different than the other current thread which promotes a business. The artistic contents can be debated but a lot of us have websites or put watermarks on our photos that have no intent on running a business.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back