Just started my photography Biz need C&C PLEASE!

Reading through some of this is painful!! And kind of humorous at the same time. I'm happy to report that I don't charge $50 any more and I NEVER would even think about letting a client see unedited images let alone giving them one!

Now I know the post to link back to everytime someone doing the same comes here to complain...

Most of the stuff you put here two years ago is no longer showing up, but the work you put up yesterday looks pretty good; just slightly desaturated/muted and unexposed for my tastes.
But there's some really detailed C&C of the photos. basically snapshots vs "planned out/think about it" Photos

Elizabeth30 said:
Not sure why but for some reason the images look very desaturated and under exposed UNTIL you click on them ;) Try clicking the first and then you can scroll through.

You need to learn about assigning an sRGB profile to images that will be seen on the world wide web. The issue is at YOUR END, with your image editing workflow. You're failing to do the last, critical step to make SURE that when people see your images, that they look GOOD.

Glad that you've made some progress. I looked through the first few pages of your post from January of 2012, and saw that a few of the TPF stalwarts tried to help you out. SOme of those people are still here, while others have left TPF.

I would consider going to an ALL- sRGB workflow....shoot in sRGB mode, edit in it, and output images in sRGB, both for printing and for the web. Ignore the "ultra wide-gamut crowd" AND their nattering about Adobe RGB and other wide-gamut B.S. and move to the de facto world-wide standard for real people and most printing houses. Ignore the theoretical; advantage of Adobe RGB, and move to what will make your photos consistent in appearance everywhere... adopt an all-sRGB workflow from one end to the other.

Most reactions

Back