Just strapped on a new SpiderPro Hand Strap

JimMcClain

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
1footinthegrave.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
A while ago I stated looking for ways to protect my camera investment. First I tried a BlackRapid RS-4, but it was uncomfortable (I have to wear a hydration style backpack with oxygen insteada water). I looked at a number of videos for slings, straps and other gear. I liked the idea of the SpiderPro Hand Strap and it seemed to have some advantages over the competition. I pre-ordered during the development campaign.

The hand strap came today and I am very impressed. It holds its shape, so I don't have to make any fitment adjustments after slipping my hand in. I can access all the controls of my Nikon D810 with the hand strap and wrist strap snapped on. The D810 with good glass is a heavy load to carry around. I am not going to worry about accidentally dropping it anymore.

I still will use my BlackRapid RS-2 Sport 2 during extended shooting sessions, but for a quick grab and shoot situation, the SpiderPro Hand Strap is always attached and ready for action. Here's the video that helped seal the deal for me:

Jim

Nice. Like their holster systems too. I almost bought the single holster, before deciding it might be more detrimental to my lower back problem than the shoulder sling. We shall see.

If I were a professional using a camera daily for a living, Spider is what I would probably use.

Interesting - I've been using a Canon E1 for years and many of the things they raise as concerns are niggles with that system. what I do like is that it bolts direct to my camera ring lugs on the batterygrip and camera - their method of slipping between camera base and tripod mount is interesting, but I wonder if it works smoothly with larger plates like the arca swiss setups.

Most reactions

Back