nathanlegiehn

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Sigma 50mm 1.4
Canon 50mm 1.4

I shoot mostly weddings, portrait and people on a 5D Mark II

Disregard the price difference. I want to know the better lens for performance, not price.

Thanks!

Also, keep in mind that I HAVE done my research for this, and have been stuck on this decision for quite some time now.

Niether are good portraits lenses. Though I am very partial to Sigma.

The Sigma 50 1.4 produces superior images in my opinion. But be prepared to test, send it off, test and repeat. Lots of focusing issues reported with this lens. If money isn't part of the equation, get the 50 1.2 Canon.

Also, keep in mind that I HAVE done my research for this, and have been stuck on this decision for quite some time now.
Then the decision should be easy.

It would be for me, once my research was complete. That's why I have a real hard time understanding posts like this.

Then the decision should be easy.

It would be for me, once my research was complete. That's why I have a real hard time understanding posts like this.

There are times it isn't, specially when research gives unclear diferenciation of which options are the best for one's situation.
Then one could say any option is fine then, but is still hard to decide when there's the impresion that there must be something else, that could finally make it clear instead of just tossing the coin.

I'm still not sure between 50mm 1.4 D-AF or the 50mm 1.4 AF-S even though I have researched days and days.
I've decided for the 50mm 1.4 D-AF but no completely convinced

Most reactions

Back