Just the kids

Christie Photo

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.christiephoto.com
ALTHOUGH is was my only day off, I took time to do one more outdoor portrait before all the leaves are gone.

Pete

kids.jpg

classic fall portrait. well done pete, love the comp and the pose... :thumbup:

I like how you used what looks like the last spot of bright color left on the trees. It's just enough to draw attention to the subjects but not too bright as to be a major distraction. As always, I love the subtle vignette.

As is the case with all of your photos, love the way you balance the light through the scene. And a great looking group of children in a great setting. nice job.

Very nice Pete!

I was going to comment on the splash of color, and the vignette, but that's been covered already.

Wonderful portrait!

(Care to share how you manage that lovely vignette so consistently?)

nice shot.. nice color and light ...

Your work inspires me! Good work!

Great work, Pete. I take it these are your grandkids or did I just insult your age? I enjoy seeing your work on TPF. Although I'm new to photography, you make me want to learn more!

SpaceNut said:
Great work, Pete. I take it these are your grandkids or did I just insult your age?

Well... it would be close, but no... this one's a job. I have two grandsons, aged 1 and 3 years. I plan to do some of them really soon.

You're in Bradley.... have we met?

Pete

Love the posing here, I admire you ability to have your subjects look so relaxed, especially at this age! Great work :thumbsup:

ShutteredEye said:
(Care to share how you manage that lovely vignette so consistently?)

Sorry about the sluggish response, Robert. The vignette I do is really quite simple to achieve. And since I store all my work at the same resolution, I created an action to make it easier yet.

First, I use the oval marquee tool to select nearly the entire image.

Then I use the FEATHER tool from the SELECT menu. The amount of feathering will vary with the size of the image and personal preference. I usually set this to around 200 pixels.

Next, it's back to the SELECT menu. Choose INVERSE.

Finally, now that I have the area I want to deepen selected, I go to IMAGE... then ADJUSTMENTS... then HUE/SATURATION. There, I set the LIGHTNESS setting to around -40.

Like I say... pretty simple.

Christie Photo said:
Sorry about the sluggish response, Robert. The vignette I do is really quite simple to achieve. And since I store all my work at the same resolution, I created an action to make it easier yet.

First, I use the oval marquee tool to select nearly the entire image.

Then I use the FEATHER tool from the SELECT menu. The amount of feathering will vary with the size of the image and personal preference. I usually set this to around 200 pixels.

Next, it's back to the SELECT menu. Choose INVERSE.

Finally, now that I have the area I want to deepen selected, I go to IMAGE... then ADJUSTMENTS... then HUE/SATURATION. There, I set the LIGHTNESS setting to around -40.

Like I say... pretty simple.
Thanks Pete.

Simple and elegant. I like simple and elegant.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back