just thought id like to share this funny warning with you guys

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by iPhoto17, Oct 14, 2009.

1. iPhoto17

iPhoto17 TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    the diopter part, not the flash one[​IMG]

2. hulk

hulk TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    lol, it sounds silly, but I bet you some people actually had their fingers slip off the control and straight into the eye, lol.

3. iPhoto17

iPhoto17 TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    wouldnt you think that when you buy a 600+ dollar camera that it would atleast come with a lense cloth for hte lense and lcd display?

4. Rekd

Rekd TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    It's not silly at all IMNSHO. It's a very clear indication of where we, as a society, have gone. That company did not put that on there because some poor bloke poked his eye. They put that on there because some poor bloke poked his eye then likely sued the company for making it possible for said poor bloke to poke his eye without warning.

5. iPhoto17

iPhoto17 TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    people will sue for the silliest things, i will never forget that lady that sued mcdonalds becasue she spille dhot coffee on herself and the cup didnt warn her that the coffee was hot in the first place, then the same hting happened again but the cup had the warning, but she couldnt read the warning, sadly she won that case simply becuase she couldnt read or comprehend that coffee would burn you if you spilled it on yourself

6. Plato

Plato TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Perhaps you should read the court transcript of the coffee case. She sued because the coffee was significantly hotter than a reasonable person would expect. Doubt me? Brew coffee at home. Pour a cup and stick your finger in it. You'll be somewhat uncomfortable yet she received third degree burns.

7. EhJsNe

EhJsNe TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Obviously this women wasnt reasonable since she sued for spilling coffee on herself. :lmao::lol::lmao::lol:

8. Mturulski

Mturulski TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I am left wondering how many people called and complained about poking themselves in the eye, before they opted to print a disclaimer for it.

9. Mturulski

Mturulski TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    And as for the picture of the warning.. It lacks contrast, you should have used the rule of thirds, and your horizon line is crooked:headbang:

10. iPhoto17

iPhoto17 TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    i was thinking the same thing, unless they just felt like they shouldve put that in there just incase

11. edwardspw

edwardspw TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I never saw that warning. At least now I know why my results haven't been so great.:mrgreen:

12. Rekd

Rekd TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I'm aware of the situation in the McDonalds case. The coffee was unusually hot. She spilled it and got burned. It was a bad situation.

Putting a label on the cup would not have prevented her from spilling the coffee and it would not have prevented the coffee from being served unusually hot. A case like that would be justified. That one instance is not my point.

My point is that we have sunk to a dangerous level of an entitlement society that feels they are owed something for simply existing. If they are wronged in some way, due to their own fault or not, they are encouraged to sue for it, and often do.

The labels were put on there to at least help reduce the lawsuits from the idiots that spilled a normal cup of coffee in their lap and try to sue for it because some other lady did.