Just to share my pictures

Discussion in 'Personal and Professional Photography Websites' started by photofactum, Sep 20, 2016.

1. snowbear

snowbear Big Furball Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Perhaps the dealership contributes to the church or programs, or the relative of a sick parishioner works there.

I am curious as to what the first one is carrying.

2. photofactum

photofactum TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Surely

3. robbins.photo

robbins.photo Yup, It's The Zoo Guy Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    Ok, well sounds like somebody has a serious problem with the Catholic Church, because honestly what I'm getting from this is a lot of backhanded slaps at priests and Catholicism.

For the record, no, I'm not Catholic. However I'm not a big fan of bigotry in any form, The point is you know absolutely nothing about these two other than the fact that they are priests and that they are visiting a car dealership.

As others have mentioned there are tons of reasons why that might be the case. It's even possible that one of these two might very well be related to one of the people that works there. Perhaps they are there because the dealership is making a donation or sponsoring a church event. Truth is you have no idea. But instead you go on for several paragraphs calling them greedy and insinuating all manner of sexual impropriety. Nothing moral about that sort of bigotry, at all.

Certainly you'd never even dare to think about posting these kinds of insinuations if these men were say Imams, or Rabbi's, etc.

So please, keep your hate to yourself. Frankly there is more than enough of it in the world already.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. astroNikon

astroNikon 'ya all Bananas I tell 'ya Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    Looks like a box disposable/reusable camera to me.

5. photofactum

photofactum TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Ok, well sounds like somebody has a serious problem with the Catholic Church, because honestly what I'm getting from this is a lot of backhanded slaps at priests and Catholicism.

For the record, no, I'm not Catholic. However I'm not a big fan of bigotry in any form, The point is you know absolutely nothing about these two other than the fact that they are priests and that they are visiting a car dealership.

As others have mentioned there are tons of reasons why that might be the case. It's even possible that one of these two might very well be related to one of the people that works there. Perhaps they are there because the dealership is making a donation or sponsoring a church event. Truth is you have no idea. But instead you go on for several paragraphs calling them greedy and insinuating all manner of sexual impropriety. Nothing moral about that sort of bigotry, at all.

Certainly you'd never even dare to think about posting these kinds of insinuations if these men were say Imams, or Rabbi's, etc.

So please, keep your hate to yourself. Frankly there is more than enough of it in the world already.[/QUOTE]

!!!

6. robbins.photo

robbins.photo Yup, It's The Zoo Guy Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    Wow... quite the eloquent response. But please, feel free to correct me where you think I may be wrong.

This might be a good starting point... the definition of Bigotry: "a person who hates or refuses to accept the members of a particular group."

I think given your previous statements about the two people depicted in the photograph certainly demonstrate a tremendous level of bigotry towards Catholics and the Catholic Church as well as it's priests. If you disagree, fell free to tell me where I'm wrong.

If not an apology would certainly be in order, for any Catholics who might read this and taken offense to some of the outlandish statements you've made. Again I'd point out that it's doubtful you would ever even consider making such statements about other groups, such as Muslims, Jews, or a racial minority of some sort.

Do you see the hypocrisy in that? You apparently think it's perfectly acceptable to make such statements about one group, Catholics - but if you heard someone else saying such things about the other groups I've mentioned you would (hopefully) be the first to point out their bigotry.

So hopefully this will be an opportunity for you to grow a bit as a person. If not, feel free to respond with something completely silly like three exclamation points.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2016
  7. astroNikon

astroNikon 'ya all Bananas I tell 'ya Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    I think one problem is this is a public forum,
    not a personal blog.

8. pixmedic

pixmedic The Mustached Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    This is strike two for you.
    I have already explained the rules to you, which you have blatantly ignored.
    Third time is NOT the charm.

• Like Like x 1
  9. photofactum

photofactum TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I don't understand, you told me if you want to share your blog, please post it here on the forum. Where is here? I was looking for and found this sub forum and thought was the correct place. I read de rules explained in the first post about people which only wants to promote his web.

I only have wanted to post it in the right place. What is wrong? My blog is not a bussines, no external links, only photographs. I dont accept blatantly ignored, something I done wrong, thats all. Anything about bad intentions or similar. Maybe you must delete my profile. Thanks.

10. photofactum

photofactum TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I dont understand, obviously something I done wrong, but I dont know what. I thought this is the place to promote personal webs and blogs.This discussion generated is not how I would, but is about a potograph meaning. I dont know why you say this forum is not my personal blog. This is not my goal.

11. pixmedic

pixmedic The Mustached Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    As I have already explained to you, if you want to share your blog, you must post the article here in the forum, not as a link that is simply meant to drive traffic off site.

In other words, instead of posting a link, cut and paste the blog information here.
    Simply posting a link with little other information is considered click bait to drive traffic off site and is against forum rules.

12. photofactum

photofactum TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit

1. Do you mean plane text as www.photoffffff.wordpress.com? Thats all? If this is the correct way to do, can I repair that?