Just to share my pictures

Perhaps we have a Spanish speaking member more familiar with how the forum works that would be willing to help out?
I don't want to sound too harsh if there is a misunderstanding due to translation.

I'll try ..
pero mi espanol es muy mal.

por ejemplo,
Su número de post diez es demasiado literal traducción al inglés.
Porque a causa de las palabras su usa, se pasa "la línea" de ser ofensivo para el lector general.

Tambien, su haciendo un preist parecer como una persona muy pecadora. Su Insinuando inmoralidad.

I hope I just didn't call his mother something .. lol

Me talking about friendly discussion ... A little bit anger is the feeling I perceive from you.

Ok, well sounds like somebody has a serious problem with the Catholic Church, because honestly what I'm getting from this is a lot of backhanded slaps at priests and Catholicism.

For the record, no, I'm not Catholic. However I'm not a big fan of bigotry in any form, The point is you know absolutely nothing about these two other than the fact that they are priests and that they are visiting a car dealership.

As others have mentioned there are tons of reasons why that might be the case. It's even possible that one of these two might very well be related to one of the people that works there. Perhaps they are there because the dealership is making a donation or sponsoring a church event. Truth is you have no idea.

I'm not agree. I was there when they saw the glass storefront and suddenly they got an excited mood. I tried to be fast to take a picture and placed behind them but only seconds later, they moved and came in to the dealership, circumstance that surprise me a lot. So I followed and waiting for them outside in the street.

I can't be unobtrusive because my medium format camera don't let me. So, few minutes later, a security staff person placed in front of the entrance door. The priests knew I was outside waiting for them. I could see through the glass how they came into one car and took pictures before came out.

The picture shows clearly the way the first priest, with a nervous? smile look at me and show me his camera, as if they knew they have been hunted, at least,in an appropriate situation.

But instead you go on for several paragraphs calling them greedy and insinuating all manner of sexual impropriety. Nothing moral about that sort of bigotry, at all.

I'm not agree. I've wrote things are not black or white, there are degrees, levels, percentages of greed meaning, at least reproachable, and I still think it's justified because, for me, they are enjoying with luxury, ostentation and it is something real, exists in their Church. You instead use radical expressions like tremendous levels of bigotry or completely silly.

About sexual impropriety you say I have insinuated, I haven't insinuated anything. I've follow your argument with examples. I only have change the object of desire to explain that "only taking photos" reflects, in this case, some desire, the luxury car or luxury mechanical and engineering, as you want (ironic humor).

I think my wife wouldn't like to find me at some Sexy girls Dance Club or Sexy boys Dance Club taken pictures of dancers. Oh Darling, I was only taking pictures!!! Which question do you think the priests's Bishop would make to them if he notices their visit to Rolex house or Maserati dealership?

Certainly you'd never even dare to think about posting these kinds of insinuations if these men were say Imams, or Rabbi's, etc.

I can't guess from where these conclusions came. All religions are equal for me, at the same level, and I shall not talk about it because I don't want anybody take offense due my words, and this is not the appropriate forum as well.

Despite my thoughts about religions, people any religion, race, ethnic origin o wherever, has all my respect
. People are first.

So please, keep your hate to yourself. Frankly there is more than enough of it in the world already.

This is the original text I wrote for the blog time ago before this post, the same I will publish in my blog:

[I was surprised when I saw them so excited taking a look to the storefront, but the most was when they decided to come into the shop. I waited for about twenty minutes to come out!

Perhaps they were seeking the fastest way to go to heaven (...or hell!).

They knew I was waiting for them and it is curious the way he show me the camera as saying "only taken pictures", with his nervous? smile, maybe thinking "we have been hunted".]

This text fits well with the matter I saw and, for me, is like a metaphor.

I've written this text with irony and humor, or ironic humor, as you prefer. I think this text don't transmit bigotry or hate.

Wow... quite the eloquent response. But please, feel free to correct me where you think I may be wrong.

This might be a good starting point... the definition of Bigotry: "a person who hates or refuses to accept the members of a particular group."

I think given your previous statements about the two people depicted in the photograph certainly demonstrate a tremendous level of bigotry towards Catholics and the Catholic Church as well as it's priests. If you disagree, fell free to tell me where I'm wrong.

I'm not agree. You have your opinion about this picture, and I have mine. I use irony and humor to avoid bigotry, hate, anger and all these stuff. This picture can be fun for many people, but is a little sad for me.
A lot of priests in small towns or neighborhoods of big cities are really working for their communities, but the Institution surrounded by material wealth, political and educational influence,etc. doesn't help to have a good opinion.
But it's only my opinion I express peacefully and relaxed.

If not an apology would certainly be in order, for any Catholics who might read this and taken offense to some of the outlandish statements you've made. Again I'd point out that it's doubtful you would ever even consider making such statements about other groups, such as Muslims, Jews, or a racial minority of some sort.

Do you see the hypocrisy in that? You apparently think it's perfectly acceptable to make such statements about one group, Catholics - but if you heard someone else saying such things about the other groups I've mentioned you would (hopefully) be the first to point out their bigotry.

I hope any Catholic here and there take offense, this hasn't been my goal.

I've taken pictures of Muslims, Jews and other racial minority and majority, because I've found it interesting. How are these pictures? It depends what they were doing.

Once again with the other religions, why you think so? Hopefully I would have more pictures like that of other religions, but are difficult, there are public people worry about his public image specially in the sun hours.

So hopefully this will be an opportunity for you to grow a bit as a person.

Thanks for the opportunity you give me to grow a bit as a person. You should be proud of yourself making people grow.

If not, feel free to respond with something completely silly like three exclamation points.

Thanks again for your encouraging words.

[QUOTE="photofactum, post: 3674593, member: 216602"]Me talking about friendly discussion ... A little bit anger is the feeling I perceive from you.[/quote]

I guess you could call it anger. Or maybe disgust. Bigotry has that effect on me.

I'm not agree. I was there when they saw the glass storefront and suddenly they got an excited mood. I tried to be fast to take a picture and placed behind them but only seconds later, they moved and came in to the dealership, circumstance that surprise me a lot. So I followed and waiting for them outside in the street.

Ok, none of this has anything at all to do with the nonsense you posted afterwards accusing them of sexual impropriety or greed.

I'm not agree. I've wrote things are not black or white, there are degrees, levels, percentages of greed meaning, at least reproachable, and I still think it's justified because, for me, they are enjoying with luxury, ostentation and it is something real, exists in their Church. You instead use radical expressions like tremendous levels of bigotry or completely silly.

You wrote things accusing these two men of all sorts of horrible things, without a single shred of proof, based on the fact that they appear to be Catholic Priests. Yup.. bigotry. Plain and simple.

About sexual impropriety you say I have insinuated, I haven't insinuated anything. I've follow your argument with examples. I only have change the object of desire to explain that "only taking photos" reflects, in this case, some desire, the luxury car or luxury mechanical and engineering, as you want (ironic humor).

These are your words:

"They only took some pics, the same if they go to some Striptease or Sexy Dance Club to take some pics more. Where is the morality?"

So again I ask, where is your morality? Your accusing them of this based on the fact that they are Catholic priests, nothing more. So yes, that's bigotry.

I think my wife wouldn't like to find me at some Sexy girls Dance Club or Sexy boys Dance Club taken pictures of dancers. Oh Darling, I was only taking pictures!!! Which question do you think the priests's Bishop would make to them if he notices their visit to Rolex house or Maserati dealership?

And again we find you hurling accusations based on no evidence whatsoever other than the fact that it's two Priests walking out of a car dealership. You have absolutely no idea what they were doing there. But your more than willing to make these accusations because they wear a collar. See... bigotry.

I can't guess from where these conclusions came. All religions are equal for me, at the same level, and I shall not talk about it because I don't want anybody take offense due my words, and this is not the appropriate forum as well.

I hope not. I really hope your not as biased towards other religions as you obviously are against Catholicism. Though I admit it's possible I gave you too much credit in this regard.

Despite my thoughts about religions, people any religion, race, ethnic origin o wherever, has all my respect. People are first.

Obviously not.. or you wouldn't keep making such accusations against these two men who are Catholic priests, based on nothing more than the fact that they are Catholic priests.

I'm not agree. You have your opinion about this picture, and I have mine. I use irony and humor to avoid bigotry, hate, anger and all these stuff. This picture can be fun for many people, but is a little sad for me.
A lot of priests in small towns or neighborhoods of big cities are really working for their communities, but the Institution surrounded by material wealth, political and educational influence,etc. doesn't help to have a good opinion. But it's only my opinion I express peacefully and relaxed.

You have made all sorts of accusations against the subjects in this photograph based on nothing more than the fact that they are Catholic Priests. Those are your statements. It has nothing to do with the photograph itself, it has to do with your own words. Even in this last paragraph you continue to throw out more bigoted nonsense and then try to claim your not.

Your bigotry is evident.

I'll try ..
pero mi espanol es muy mal.
pero mi español es muy malo

por ejemplo,

Su número de post diez es demasiado literal traducción al inglés.
Su post numero diez es demasiado literal traducido al inglés

Porque a causa de las palabras su usa, se pasa "la línea" de ser ofensivo para el lector general.
porque a causa de las palabras que usa, pasa/atraviesa la linea y es ofensivo (o puede ser ofensivo) con el lector general

Tambien, su haciendo un preist parecer como una persona muy pecadora. Su Insinuando inmoralidad.
Tambien hace que el cura parezca una persona muy pecadora insinuando su inmoralidad
También hace que el cura parezca muy pecador insinuando su inmoralidad

Your Spanish is from google? from 0 to 10 you are in ...6 Good!

I hope I just didn't call his mother something .. lol Nooo! Quiet! lololol
No es tan malo, te entiendo. I understand you

What in the world are two priests doing at a Maserati dealership?

I'm confused, shouldn't you have a model release? And since these are ministers/priests, shouldn't you have their church ruling group's approval to use their ministers images with clothing like that publicly?

That would depend on what the publishing and model release laws are in Spain, which is where the OP is.

Here in the US, a valid model release signed by each priest would only be needed if their likeness was used for a commercial purpose.
Unlike federal copyright law that applies equally to all US states, model release law is state law so there are 50 somewhat different versions here.

Selling street images you have made that have people in them is considered an editorial use, not a commercial use.
Selling images that have people in them as art is also considered an editorial use.

If you want to learn more about model releases I recommend getting:
A Digital Photographer's Guide to Model Releases: Making the Best Business Decisions with Your Photos of People, Places and Things

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Zombie thread.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back