Just wondering if i have improved or doing okay... it has been awhile

I changed some settings..could not wait to try ...it is starting to be stormy here so I rushed.. this one I shot a few moments ago.. not edited.. better.. ?? I may
The first two look like they were shot through a window. If so, all bets are off when it comes to consistently good results.
If I had shot photos through glass I would not have to ask about the glare in top picture.. ,,I am outside with nature!!!!

OK. They looked a little soft which I thought may have been a result of glass sandwiched between the lens and subject. I shoot like this occasionally and find little glares or artifacts in shots. I would say then that a lens hood may have helped you in this case. Beautiful birds by the way. Good advise by Overread.
I think I am improving with his help with settings ..even though I could not follow exactly.. the weather is stormy.. I tried to post a photo I took this morning before heavy rain.. but it was too large.. but this one isn't bad for a dark cloudy rainy atmosphere.. thanks .. and yes great advice from Overread.. I had to crop because it was too large.. have to change my settings on camera to smaller..
DSC_8267.JPG

Are you resizing before online display? For online display you should be taking the fullsized photograph and resizing it in your editing software to around 1000pixels on the longest side

Are you resizing before online display? For online display you should be taking the fullsized photograph and resizing it in your editing software to around 1000pixels on the longest side
yes.. I took pic first sized it later.. be back this afternoon...thanks so much

Only minutes to spare between much needed rain drops.. I think I finally got an awesome shot...what do you think? Just a moment after this shot.. a flock of birds flew onto the top of the tree.....so cool how the branches on the willow bent under their weight.. of course I was wishing I had the zoom lens.. but so far this little hummer made me smile.....
DSC_8295.JPG

so many different species here so it really makes it fun.. thanks for all your help

Attachments

• DSC_8200.JPG
    DSC_8200.JPG
    209.6 KB · Views: 100
  • DSC_8145.JPG
    DSC_8145.JPG
    309.9 KB · Views: 74
  • DSC_8191.JPG
    DSC_8191.JPG
    489.8 KB · Views: 70
  • DSC_7980.JPG
    DSC_7980.JPG