Just Wondering...

Holly-Jade

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Im 16 Years Old And Thinking Of Future Careers Im Looking at Tattooing, Cartoon Animation And Photography Ive Looked At The Other Two But I Just Was Wondering Whether I Should Quit While I Am Ahead With Photography So If You Could Please Give Me Your Honest Opinion I Would Be Really Grateful
Photo-16.jpg

holly-jade123

holly-jade123

holly-jade123

holly-jade123

My honest opinion is that you don't need to capitalize every word you type. ;)

Well for one, the last four images are broken. I assume you're asking us to look at your shots and determine if you should consider continuing study, and for me the answer would be yes. The first (and only one that is visible) shot looks as if someone smudged the lens before shooting it. I guess the composition is all right but there's nothing spectacular about the shot after looking past the funky blur effect.

In my opinion there is always something to be learned, so you really shouldn't "quit while you're ahead."

thank you and sorry im new to this forum type thing i shall try again and do this properly.

What do you mean 'Quit while you're ahead'?

I can't tell if that means quit photography, or quit looking for other jobs - you know, since you're so far ahead in your photography...

A little bit of punctuation thrown in here and there would help people understand what you mean too.

4 replies, 1 of which was related to the actual critique of the photo. I full-well understand the importance of grammar but that's what we're going to harp on here? I think its pretty obvious the OP just wants C&C on his work.

As for the photo, I like it for some reason. I don't quite get the smudge effect or the color gradient from sky to water (yellow to white) but it does seem to liven up an otherwise ordinary image. I think with a more solid original composition you wouldn't have to use those effects to gain interest in the photo. I'd like to see the original photo.

~Tom

4 replies, 1 of which was related to the actual critique of the photo. I full-well understand the importance of grammar but that's what we're going to harp on here? I think its pretty obvious the OP just wants C&C on his work.
Obvious? Really?

I didn't see anywhere in there where the OP was asking for critique.

All I could figure out is that (s)he is trying to decide what career to pursue.

I think you might scared her/him away...

I do like the colours of the pic, but am not fond of the blurry rims.

Wow, this thread reminds me of a dysfunctional family. :confused::lmao:

Im 16 Years Old And Thinking Of Future Careers Im Looking at Tattooing, Cartoon Animation And Photography Ive Looked At The Other Two But I Just Was Wondering Whether I Should Quit While I Am Ahead With Photography So If You Could Please Give Me Your Honest Opinion I Would Be Really Grateful
Photo-16.jpg

I very much like this photo. :) But the other photos don't work/show so I can't comment on them.

I would never say quite period with photography. It can always be a hobby if it is something that you love. For me I'm not looking into making photography a career. Just a wonderful hobby that i truely love for now and if my hobby happens to make me alittle money I will have no problem with that.

Also I would say always have a backup plan also. Maybe I'm being mean but tattooing and being a cartoonist and a photographer. If you aren't extremely good I wouldn't expect to go very far. I would choose photography over the others because you can go to school for photography.

Most reactions

Back