Justice

manaheim

Jedi Bunnywabbit
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I haven't posted an image here in a long time, so...

Salem%20Day%20-%20Old%20Burial%20Ground%20-%20014.jpg

C&C always welcome if so desired.

Interesting image. Composition and lighting are both excellent. What's the story behind it?

Interesting tie-in between title and image.

Where is this located?

But in 1690's in Salem, Mass, some hangings were of people accused of witchcraft, some of those were maybe not so just...

hehe, thanks guys.

Yes, this was taken in Salem, MA. This is one of the many markers in a memorial dedicated to the fallen from that time period. This particular memorial for Susannah Martin.

The dime (there were many coins on this memorial) as well as the leaves, etc. were all there when I arrived. The money being left is in a variety of customs and can represent many different things.

I chose the title because Justice is what was served here... regardless of if it was right or wrong.

Thanks for looking and for the comments.

Oh hey... 5,000th post. Whoops. :)

Great photo. I really like the contrast from the stone to leaves a lot.

In case you did not already know this, Susannah Martin WAS hanged on July 19, 1692, after having been accused of being a witch during the time of the Salem Witch trials.

So, if she really was a witch, then justice was served...lol

Nice photograph.

Congrats on the 5000 (now even +) posts, Manaheim!
And you were in Salem?
But this stone is a newer one?
It is not the original stone?
She wasn't even GIVEN a stone back then? A "witch" would not be entitled to get one, I should think?
Interesting, as only the other day I saw a student performance of Arthur Miller's "Salem" on my daughter's school stage!

http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/off-topic-chat/177715-almost-5-000-posts-but-not-quite-bye.html
Almost 5,000 posts... but not quite. Bye!

I'm done with TPF. I just wanted to say goodbye. I'll miss many of you. I'll drop some of you a PM to let you know where I'm headed, though currently nowhere in particular.

I imagine many of you will be going "what the hell?" but for reasons of just not wanting to make this into a total circus, I won't be able to explain publicly.

Just know that TPF has deemed my general approach to things inappropriate, and I don't feel like accepting that assessment.

Thanks, all! I have learned an astronomical amount from this place! I have tried to give as much back as I can. I will always appreciate it. Good luck and keep shooting!

EDIT: BTW, pleeeeeeeeease don't turn this into a big circus. I don't want to make this a cry for attention. I seriously just want to say bye to everyone. Thanks!

Oh hey, Derrel's still here. :lol: Still up to the usual stuff, I see. Well, consistency is king.

In case you did not already know this, Susannah Martin WAS hanged on July 19, 1692, after having been accused of being a witch during the time of the Salem Witch trials.

So, if she really was a witch, then justice was served...lol

Nice photograph.

I was aware of the history. It's fascinating (and troubling) stuff. I strongly suspect she was wrongly hanged. :lol:

Thanks for the comments!

Congrats on the 5000 (now even +) posts, Manaheim!
And you were in Salem?
But this stone is a newer one?
It is not the original stone?
She wasn't even GIVEN a stone back then? A "witch" would not be entitled to get one, I should think?
Interesting, as only the other day I saw a student performance of Arthur Miller's "Salem" on my daughter's school stage!

Hi LaFoto. I missed some of the "traffic" of TPF so I figured I'd stop in briefly to post a couple images for fun. In theory it coudln't hurt, right? However, I see some of the locals came out of the woodwork to toss some stones. :lol: How... oddly appropriate given the image. :)

Yup, I was in Salem. I live quite close to it. I don't actually know if any of these gal's had stones... it was something I meant to look into but ran out of time. I suspect they probably did not, probably part of the reasone for the memorial. (right next to the burying ground where one of their accusers lay)

Good timing on the play. :)

Thanks for the comments! :)

I like it! :lol:

ahahaha... why thank you, sir! :)

Hey don't I know you from somewhere? ;)

I like it! Might have dropped a cm back to get a little more of the name in, but still a really solid shot with good exposure :)

Love the contrast, great shot!

Thanks, very much! :)

Hey don't I know you from somewhere? ;)

I like it! Might have dropped a cm back to get a little more of the name in, but still a really solid shot with good exposure :)

I -think- I know you. :lol:

Actually of all the shots I took of these, this one was the closest on the DOF (not sure what you mean by cm, but I assume it's related to that???). That 50mm 1.8 is such a DOF loaded weapon. :lol: But yes, I would have liked to get a LITTLE more in regardless.

Thanks for the comments!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back