Kara of "Which is Better"?

elsaspet

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.visionsinwhite.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi guys, still working with the Kara photos and was taught a new technique. How do you think it came out?
kara2w.jpg

No idea what "technique" means to this?(I must have missed something)

Beautiful photograph. Very well done.

The technical aspect looks awesome to me, but her face seems not quite natural enough. Her eyes look crossed or something, but only after looking at it fora little while. I think its the fact they are slightly closed and not fully open, maybe the shutter got them just as they were about to blink, they dont lookm quite right to me.

Now I think it's an awsome job. My comments are on the remaining 2% (ie. you scored 98 out of 100 so far) - there is a blemish on her nose. The heal tool should fix it. And I see what Force of Nature means about the eyes - the right is slightly off. With enough patience you could fix that in PS as well.

Picksure said:
No idea what "technique" means to this?(I must have missed something)

Beautiful photograph. Very well done.

Ahh, it's probably old hat stuff to the rest of you. Just some headshot pointers a friend gave me in PhotoShop, but new to me. Just got my Photoshop CS last Friday. I LOVE IT! HOW DID I EVER SURVIVE WITHOUT IT.:hail: :lmao:

Hi Nikon,
The only thing I did to her teeth was to desaturate the yellow channel by -2. That's it. This girl has unreally white teeth.

Technically, the black-on-black of the gloves and fur are very nice - great detail throughout the shadow areas. Skin tone is also very nice. DOF - very nice. The one thing I may mention might need fixing/re-shoot would be the expression of the model - as some have already mentioned - it may just be the eyes.

Have fun with the CS!! I hope to upgrade mine soon...

Tuna

Hi Tuna,

Yes, CS is a blast but for me, a Photoshop newbie, it's pretty daunting. I don't know what 90 percent of it does yet, but am trying to learn it all as fast as I can.
I was working more on my Kara photoshoot editing last night, and will be wrapping it up this evening. I'll try to pick a better expression for her.
Thank you guys for all the suggestions and support.
But in the meantime, here is some Kara Edits I did last night. I thought the other expression was stronger, but I've had a camera for 3 months so what do I know. LOL:)

kara12w.jpg

kara15w.jpg

kara8w.jpg

Opinions and Suggestions welcomed and appreciated!!!!

I like the first pic. It looks kind of strange how high in the air she is looking. The photo is really nice but it is like she is looking for something... the shots with jeans look random as the first pic looks very dressy and nice. It might be cool to shoot it at night with some out of focus street lights behind her.. it would depend on the mood you wanted to create..is it for catalog or an ad for something or just something you were shooting?

its the mouth. something is with it. i dunno wut you are goin for here? close that mouth. its likes shes gaping at something in disbelief. i dont like it. or have her smile. the corners are turned down, its prolly what seems to make everyone think theres sumthin up with the picture.

the shots are awesome though. what are you shooting for? portfolio, or freelance work? fill us in :)

chroix said:
I like the first pic. It looks kind of strange how high in the air she is looking. The photo is really nice but it is like she is looking for something... the shots with jeans look random as the first pic looks very dressy and nice. It might be cool to shoot it at night with some out of focus street lights behind her.. it would depend on the mood you wanted to create..is it for catalog or an ad for something or just something you were shooting?

Actually Kara works for a radio station in Dallas, and Models as well. She wasn't satisfied with the "fashion" shots in her book and was looking for new ones, so yes, I was trying to mimick what I had seen in mags.
Luckily for me, she is very happy with the shoot and has told me that she has all these new couture clothes she just got and wants to be shot in. Besides being beautiful and talented, she is just the nicest person. I guess that is why I'm trying so hard to get this particular girl's stuff right. She's just a neat lady.

chroix said:

Actually Kara works for a radio station in Dallas, and Models as well. She wasn't satisfied with the "fashion" shots in her book and was looking for new ones, so yes, I was trying to mimick what I had seen in mags.
Luckily for me, she is very happy with the shoot and has told me that she has all these new couture clothes she just got and wants to be shot in. Besides being beautiful and talented, she is just the nicest person. I guess that is why I'm trying so hard to get this particular girl's stuff right. She's just a neat lady.

Most reactions

Back