Kate

Village Idiot

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Used three speed lights and a reflector on this one. Two were camera right behind a white bed sheet that was clamped to the frame of a barn and the third was inside the barn firing out as a hair light/back light. The reflector was held by a person standing camera right, right next to the model. My two gripes were that I didn't fix the hair and the glasses cause a little bit of a distortion to her face. Other than that I didn't have any problems with the reflection in them and there's enough seperation and contrast between her coat and the black background that they don't fade together and you don't lose any details.

Nicely done. Key & fill are in a nice soft ratio and the back light has given nice separation from the background and a nice accent to the hair.

As you have noticed, the hair could use a bit of fixing and the glasses aren't in a good position.

Also, I might like to see more of a catch light in her eyes and maybe turn her into the key light so you are short lighting her, rather than broad.

Nicely done. Key & fill are in a nice soft ratio and the back light has given nice separation from the background and a nice accent to the hair.

As you have noticed, the hair could use a bit of fixing and the glasses aren't in a good position.

Also, I might like to see more of a catch light in her eyes and maybe turn her into the key light so you are short lighting her, rather than broad.

I'm not sure how that would have turned out with this setup. The sheet was about twin or full sized and was like a huge softbox, so either catch lights would have ended up pretty big or the glasses would have been more of a problem with reflection.

With the current fashion being toward these small, rectangular lensed glasses, I'm in favour of removing them for portraits. Just my $00.02

Most reactions

New Topics

Back