Katrina--(from MD-->)PLEASE DONATE

Point taken.
I should have said 'miscreants' - Those who are raping, totting guns, disrupting the rescue works etc. My bad.

edit:
But, thanks for the correction! I had used the same words in my blog. Your post made me go correct it!

danalec99 said:
Point taken.

I should have said 'miscreants' - Those who are raping, totting guns, disrupting the rescue works etc. My bad.

That I agree with...on the news I've been seeing both kinds...you see the ones running out of the store with diapers and food, but then there are the ones taking designer jeans and guns and whatnot. :(

now the evacuating hospitals are under sniper fire from somewhere.

im going to go out on a limb here and say this is the worst place on earth right now.

i must be in a debating mood, I respectfully disagree (i can think of a few others). :) but you're right, it isn't the prettiest sight in the world right now. hard to wrap your noggin around it. any tpf'ers from down there?

MDowdey said:
now the evacuating hospitals are under sniper fire from somewhere.

im going to go out on a limb here and say this is the worst place on earth right now.
At least in the top 3, I'd agree. :hug::

I can't hold much of these people accountable for anything. It's one thing to say the word "chaos". It probably makes your brain shut down on some level when you're actually living it. Your most basic survival instincts somehow kick in. There's no telling what any of us might do when confronted with these horrific circumstances. It just makes us feel good to envision ourselves helping to dole out water, while we sit here in our air conditioned offices.

christina was from there but she hasnt posted in 7 months. who knows?

and why would you respectfully disagree? can you think of a worse place?

terri said:
At least in the top 3, I'd agree. :hug::

I can't hold much of these people accountable for anything. It's one thing to say the word "chaos". It probably makes your brain shut down on some level when you're actually living it. Your most basic survival instincts somehow kick in. There's no telling what any of us might do when confronted with these horrific circumstances. It just makes us feel good to envision ourselves helping to dole out water, while we sit here in our air conditioned offices.

nicely worded. there's a quote similar to "It's not enough to have compassion, you must act." That has lit a fire under my arse a few times, doing things I wouldn't have done otherwise.

Sorry Mdowdy, shouldn't have written that....don't want this to turn into a who's life sucks the most contest. :) I'll refrain from debating for once.

MDowdey said:
im sorry if this sounds harsh, so all my friends should forgive me before hand...

WE MUST HAVE THE SUPPORT OF THE INTERNATIONAL COMMUNITY. we need england, france, germany, austrie(already helping), saudi arabia, and all capable countries to come to our side in our time of need. its appalling to think that some wont help when we stick our necks(in some places we dont belong) out for other coutries in need.

please donate to the local new orleans hospitals, or somewhere. i did.

It is a shame, whenever there is a natural disaster elsewhere in the world the US dumps money and resources into the area. Nearly a week after the hurricane I cannot find a single mention of International aid. If this is indeed true then we need to remember this next time a disaster strikes overseas. Someone please point out stories of international aid if you find them.

Having personally suffered damage from a Category 4 Hurricane (Charlie - 8/13/04), I learned there are two distinct "types" of victims...those that help themselves climb out of the condition they're in, and those that expect someone to come along and carry them out of their condition while feeding them twinkies and champagne..... I have no doubt that most of the people up there are doing everything they can to survive, but I also have no doubt there are plenty of those just sitting and waiting for someone else to solve their situation.

It's a terrible thing that has happened, it's twice as terrible when you have plenty of warning and decide to be an idiot and not evacuate. just my .02

Not that this is any reason not to donate...and I believe we should, but didnt george bush say he would not give UK help if they needed it? Although like I say, we should still donate...

Artemis said:
Not that this is any reason not to donate...and I believe we should, but didnt george bush say he would not give UK help if they needed it? Although like I say, we should still donate...

NO. THE UK AND THE USC HAVE PROVIDED AID FOR EACH OTHER FOR THE PAST 100 YEARS.

Not meant at all against the USA...just was thinking of it, wanted confirmation partly.
In no way do I think you dont need aid...

It's been four days and I'm sure there will be aid from other countries.

Gotta remember the man on the street that donates to Red Cross , from other parts of the world too.

I'd be greatly surprised if Aus didnt give aid.

Scott sparked a curiousity as to just how many countries give aid. Please don't take this as America bashing because I love the States, New Orleans in particular. But The U.S isnt the only country that gives to other countries in need...

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=59508

Please give all you can give to aid for Katrina victims !

Most reactions

New Topics

Back