Keeping only one / few colours

Michel88

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Okay, so I've always been been attracted by photo's that are BW and then just have one color in them, or the other day, where I saw a BW photo on here with carlight trails, but I have absolutely no clue in what direction I need to do research to compose something like that. Is it a setting on my camera? Is it possible within Lightroom? Or do I need more powerful software for that.

google selective color

You'll find that selective coloring is vehemently hated in most photographer circles...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is a technique that is used in advertising to draw attention to a product. Unfortunately, a person will frequently color something other than the actual subject which draws attention away from the important part of the photo. I have seen fewer than a dozen examples where it has been done correctly and effectively; perhaps three or four on here.

When I was taking a chemistry class in high school, an emergency wash station was being installed (shower and eye wash). Before it was working the teacher had us line up, pull the handle on the shower, push the button on the basin and return to our seats. He explained "get it out of our system, now. The next time you touch it, it had better be an emergency!" Go ahead and make one now - get it out of your system. ;)

Most reactions

Back