Kelly (C&C please)

G. Ike

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys,
Recently I took some portraits of a friend of mine just for fun and I am pleased with the results. This was my first "real" attempt at portraits, meaning I posed her in all of the shots. I have finished post producing two of them and she loved them both and number 2 is her current Facebook picture, so I deem them to be successful. I could always use some constructive criticism and comments though, so thanks in advance for that! I also posted this in the general gallery, but it is people, so I'll post it here too :)

George

kelly3.jpg

kellyfence.jpg

Just out of curiosity, is she stoned? Her eyes just look a bit red/blood shot and red nose etc. Anyway, I find the background distracting in the first one and also the shadow on her head where you're standing over her. The pose doesn't do a lot for me. The second has some pretty harsh lighting and her hair is all over the frame. Can't see her eyes very well due to the lighting which should be the main focus IMO most of the time. I guess I just don't see a lot of thought involved in the posing. Pretty centered in both as well.

In the first, there are too many distractions for me - the busy background, that giant ear ring, and the oddly placed shadow from her nose.

I do really like the second one, although enhancing the catchlight in her left eye (on the right of the shot) would help draw attention there.

in 1 you got some nice light. 2 the fence is too obvious, for a portrait that doesn't work.

i would like to see this nice girl smile, that's missing for me as well in these photographs.

first is a fine portrait with natural light falling on her.....

fence photo looks as trapped. avoid that....for children that may work as a play.

Well, she wasn't stoned in the pictures, nor does she really look like it. Thanks for the comments on these photos though guys. We are planning on shooting again soon. I have one photo from this day where she is actually smiling that I liked, and another one with that same "serious" face. I was hoping to get some more C&C on these. Thanks in advance,

George

kelly5.jpg

kellybridge.jpg

Most reactions

Back