Kerb's 'Best of 2011'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, no. Cindy is not my leader. Sorry.

Dude, keep your drama out of my thread. It has enough already. If you want to comment on the photos, fine, if you don't, just skip over it.

I said I didn't mind the harsh critique, I even thanked him for his time. I did say that he derailed this thread, which is glaringly obvious at this point. Just give it a rest.

Which photos are yours and which are hers? It's really hard to tell anymore with all your credits you have to give....

Which photos are yours and which are hers? It's really hard to tell anymore with all your credits you have to give....

All of the photos that I have posted here are photos that I took and processed myself. She gets the RAW files either that night or the next day and she processes them in her style for the client. I am free to process the shots that I took to use them in my portfolio(if I had one, which I don't), or to post online for C&C. Hope that clears it up.

Harsh but true.

However harsh it may be, I feel like Schwetty gave very good critique. I agree with most of his points. A lot of these shots don't tell a story enough to be true wedding shots. Now, I can't throw stones cause i haven't partaken in wedding photography. But I'm just saying.

Harsh but true.

However harsh it may be, I feel like Schwetty gave very good critique. I agree with most of his points. A lot of these shots don't tell a story enough to be true wedding shots. Now, I can't throw stones cause i haven't partaken in wedding photography. But I'm just saying.

I take some of the blame upon myself. I think the name of this thread influenced his C&C greatly. I should have made the title of this thread the same as my first line...They were some of my favorites of 2011...perhaps, not the best.

In any case, I disagree with some of his C&C. I agree with other parts of it. I'll look to do better in 2012.

Nice photos Kerbourchard. I like the angle shooting from above as well.

If I was going to suggest one thing, it would be using less direct flash on things. Some of the images look great and you can tell you bounced the flash, and others look a little flat and it appears you may have used direct flash. I know that sometimes that can't be helped, but I've invested in a set of pocketwizards and the umbrella mount for them and it has made a world of difference getting that flash off camera. Hope that helps. Here's to a great year of photos in 2012!

Wow, Sweaty and Georgie "Girl",

You know what? I haven't been here in MONTHS, and I won't be checking in anytime soon since this joint has been taken over by gangs. But to question George about how "close" I let him come to the B&G? You have to be kidding me. George is a full on VITAL member of our team.

Listen up. I am going to make this VERY CLEAR. And then I'm going away again, because frankly, I think you guys are a bunch of armature a$$holes who spend all day on line because you can't get any work, or at least not enough to make a living. (not everyone, because I know real pros here, but they aren't on here 24/7 with vendettas.)

GEORGE IS A VITAL PERSON TO OUR BUSINESS. HE HAS FREE AUTHORITY TO TAKE ANY PHOTO HE WANTS. HE IS AN AMAZING ARTIST AND WE ARE HAPPY TO HAVE HIM. HE IS A FULL TEAM MEMBER WITH OUR COMPANY.

Now that I have said this, I am going to go back to doing work for my extremely successful, sold out for 2012, now booking for 2013 company, and leave you all to your bickering.

Goodnight, and I'm glad I'm not you....... (Sweaty/Girl)

What a friggin nut she is....What a friggin nut.

Wow... just wow. Me and George are cool now (I think anyway). Thank you for stirring the pot again Cindy.

Can you say FRIGGIN PSYCHO? Holy crap!!

Destin, Sweaty, "Girl",

I'm not sure what you found so "outlandish" about my frank post, but I know you guys like to stir it up, so let me stir it down for you a bit with a few little facts:

1. George is a full team member. He is equal to Mike and I.
2. George is not limited in any way on the wedding day. In fact I trust him to do all kinds of things I am no way involved in.
3. I have recieved letters from clients thanking us for the work George has done and his professionalism.

I'm not sure what you view is crazy:
a. Backing my team member?
b. Telling you guys I'm sick of the " bored out of their mind, out of work mobs" here?
c. Telling you guys I'm booked for this year and starting the next. (I don't care. DON'T CARE if you believe me or not. It's on my blog and my website, and my FB, so whatever dudes. You guys will say whatever anyway. There is little wonder why people don't want to post here.)

Now back to your huddles of pathetic mobs.

In the wise words of the fictional Sheldon Cooper:

"There's a tribe in Papua New Guinea where, when a hunter flaunts his success to the rest of the village, they kill him and drive away evil spirits with a drum made of his skin. Superstitious nonsense, of course - but one can see their point."

:lol:

Destin, Sweaty, "Girl",

I'm not sure what you found so "outlandish" about my frank post, but I know you guys like to stir it up, so let me stir it down for you a bit with a few little facts:

2. George is not limited in any way on the wedding day. In fact I trust him to do all kinds of things I am no way involved in.
3. I have recieved letters from clients thanking us for the work George has done and his professionalism.

b. Telling you guys I'm sick of the " bored out of their mind, out of work mobs" here?
c. Telling you guys I'm booked for this year and starting the next. (I don't care. DON'T CARE if you believe me or not. It's on my blog and my website, and my FB, so whatever dudes. You guys will say whatever anyway. There is little wonder why people don't want to post here.)

I'm saying your psycho, because you came out of nowhere and started stirring up a thread that has been drama free for weeks now. Whatever issues were going on at the beginning of this thread have since been sorted out or settled down, and you're pretty much just trying to instigate and start it back up.

This is what happens when you only come on here once every few months, and then try getting in the middle of drama. You don't know the story behind what's going on because you're never on here to witness it, you're just blindly taking sides.

How are we a mob? Because sweaty gave a good, honest critique of kerb's photos in the other thread, and most of us agreed with what he had to say? Sorry, but when that many people who are all decent photographers agree on photo critique, there is some merit to what is being said.

I hate to break it to you, but 95% of members on here aren't, nor do we want to be, full time professional photographers. It's a hobby that pays for itself for most of us. We aren't trying to book every weekend, and we enjoy conversing with other members on here who have similar interests to our own, and learning more about photography, which is why we are on TPF.

I'm not knocking your, or kerb's work. Nobody is. Ya'll are making money in photography the right way, and producing professional level photos. That doesn't mean we're all going to like them, or that they are perfect. If you're getting hired, and the clients are happy, then congrats, you're doing something right.

If you're only going to come on here once in a while to stir up drama like this, just stay off. If you want to be involved in the drama and defend kerb, how about you come on more than once every few months so you actually know what the eff is going on when you start posting.

In the wise words of the fictional Sheldon Cooper:

"There's a tribe in Papua New Guinea where, when a hunter flaunts his success to the rest of the village, they kill him and drive away evil spirits with a drum made of his skin. Superstitious nonsense, of course - but one can see their point."

:lol:

love that!

Destin, Sweaty, "Girl",

I'm saying your psycho, because you came out of nowhere and started stirring up a thread that has been drama free for weeks now. Whatever issues were going on at the beginning of this thread have since been sorted out or settled down, and you're pretty much just trying to instigate and start it back up.
This is the only recent comment I am going to bother responding to because I feel like you at least explained yourself and made a few valid points as well, IMO, as a few misguided ones. In any case, Cindy is not psycho. She isn't crazy. She does, however wear her heart on her sleeve, so to speak. For me, personally, I make a comfortable living running an engineering department for a Fortune 50 company. Photography is something I enjoy and want to get better at, but it's not my profession. If somebody questioned how I did my job or questioned my competency at it, I would be extremely upset. You have to understand that it's a bit different when you are critiquing somebody's job vs their hobby. Many, if not, most times, you are not privy to why things are done the way they are. Often, the client, or the circumstances dictate how much time is available, what type of editing they want, what style they want, etc. It's their money, their day, and most of the times, photography isn't one of their main priorities, even if years down the road, they may wish it had been.
This is what happens when you only come on here once every few months, and then try getting in the middle of drama. You don't know the story behind what's going on because you're never on here to witness it, you're just blindly taking sides.

How are we a mob? Because sweaty gave a good, honest critique of kerb's photos in the other thread, and most of us agreed with what he had to say? Sorry, but when that many people who are all decent photographers agree on photo critique, there is some merit to what is being said.
Honestly, Schwetty did not provide a good, honest critique(and fwiw, it was this thread and not another one). He nitpicked every photo based on his perception of what his 'best of 2011' would look like. He also freely admitted that. I also freely admitted that perhaps I should have titled this thread something different to avoid that argument altogether. I believe he said that he felt I should have showed more 'steak' and less of the 'trimmings'...Well, that's all up to personal choices, but criticizing the merit of certain photos because he believes they are more trimmings than steak, isn't exactly valid criticism. I think Schwetty and I are on the same page on this one and, honestly, I believe if he were to do the critique over again knowing what he knows now, this thread would have taken a different turn.
I hate to break it to you, but 95% of members on here aren't, nor do we want to be, full time professional photographers. It's a hobby that pays for itself for most of us. We aren't trying to book every weekend, and we enjoy conversing with other members on here who have similar interests to our own, and learning more about photography, which is why we are on TPF.
This sort of follows up with my last point. You are working towards a hobby that pays for itself. She works towards a job that pays her mortgage. Again, what TPF members think of that work is less important than what her market will bare or what her clients want.
I'm not knocking your, or kerb's work. Nobody is. Ya'll are making money in photography the right way, and producing professional level photos. That doesn't mean we're all going to like them, or that they are perfect. If you're getting hired, and the clients are happy, then congrats, you're doing something right.
I agree.
If you're only going to come on here once in a while to stir up drama like this, just stay off. If you want to be involved in the drama and defend kerb, how about you come on more than once every few months so you actually know what the eff is going on when you start posting.
I don't need defending. As I said in Schwetty's thread, there is no reason for the drama. Obviously, it would be best if we could all just get along, but in the cases where it is not possible, it's better to just avoid each other. Either voluntarily, or through the use of the ignore feature.

As far as my images, I am proud of them. There are things I could have done better and I will continually work towards doing that.

In any case, I don't want to stir up drama. Heck, I don't even want to be a part of it, but hopefully, this at least clears a few things up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back