Kerb's 'Best of 2011'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, Schwetty did not provide a good, honest critique(and fwiw, it was this thread and not another one). He nitpicked every photo based on his perception of what his 'best of 2011' would look like. He also freely admitted that. I also freely admitted that perhaps I should have titled this thread something different to avoid that argument altogether. I believe he said that he felt I should have showed more 'steak' and less of the 'trimmings'...Well, that's all up to personal choices, but criticizing the merit of certain photos because he believes they are more trimmings than steak, isn't exactly valid criticism. I think Schwetty and I are on the same page on this one and, honestly, I believe if he were to do the critique over again knowing what he knows now, this thread would have taken a different turn.

Wow, if that wasn't honest critique, I wonder what my honest critique would sound like. See, making this statement is pretty much stirring the pot again. Grow up man, seriously. I have showed almost all of my work here since day 1. I got sh!t load of critiques from members here. A lot of harsh (but true) ones. If you think I gave this CC only because it is you who posted it, you are totally wrong man. The first post on this thread was really my honest general CC. Then you managed to PM me asking for more detailed CC. Lets go trough this again.

6628994397_ba57d86722_b.jpg

really? This made it to your favorite or best thread? What makes this photo your favorite?

6628994397_ba57d86722_b.jpg

really? This made it to your favorite or best thread? What makes this photo your favorite?

What makes it one of my favorites? Well, the Chardonnay at that vineyard is really good...;)

Then make the shot look like a wine advertisement. Move sh!t around.

GEORGE IS A VITAL PERSON TO OUR BUSINESS. HE HAS FREE AUTHORITY TO TAKE ANY PHOTO HE WANTS. HE IS AN AMAZING ARTIST AND WE ARE HAPPY TO HAVE HIM. HE IS A FULL TEAM MEMBER WITH OUR COMPANY.

I wasn't going to interject in this thread... But I found this particularly humorous. I have no doubt that George is a vital part of whatever you do, Bennie. I find it funny however that you label him as an "artist", when he himself freely admitted in another thread that I believe you posted in that he is "Not an artist, just a [Specialized] Engineer." His words, not mine.

I also find it interesting that you only post around once a month. Does your posting infrequency rely on something else that happens to women on a monthly basis? No disrespect meant, just general curiosity.

Then make the shot look like a wine advertisement. Move sh!t around.
That is something I am working on. I always feel a bit uncomfortable about rearranging items at the wedding but as time goes on, I am being a bit more assertive in things like that.

GEORGE IS A VITAL PERSON TO OUR BUSINESS. HE HAS FREE AUTHORITY TO TAKE ANY PHOTO HE WANTS. HE IS AN AMAZING ARTIST AND WE ARE HAPPY TO HAVE HIM. HE IS A FULL TEAM MEMBER WITH OUR COMPANY.

I wasn't going to interject in this thread... But I found this particularly humorous. I have no doubt that George is a vital part of whatever you do, Bennie. I find it funny however that you label him as an "artist", when he himself freely admitted in another thread that I believe you posted in that he is "Not an artist, just a [Specialized] Engineer." His words, not mine.
No agruments here. I don't consider myself an artist. I do, however, on occasion, take some fairly creative shots, and sometimes they are the B&G's favorite's. Like I have repeatedly said, I really need to do better about file management. There are definitely some shots I am very proud of that are on some harddrive somewhere.

This thead was more of a drink a few beers, batch edit some photos, and post them up. To be perfectly honest, not really worthy of the title I gave them. I was more than a bit lazy on posting them, but at the time, I had a 2 and a half year old daughter with chicken pox, a 2 week old son, an immuno compromised father in law and was trying to balance it all out.

I should have put more time into the editing and selecting of these photos.

Last edited:
Some very nice shots there George. #10 cracks me up.

Thanks for sharing.

I'm trying to talk George out of being here at all. He doesn't need to know how non working people think of his work. Wake up people with no jobs.....you can't tell George how to do his work. I just submitted his work in the WPJA yearly finals, and I bet he wins.

George, this year will become a full time associate. He will work weddings on his own when I can't. And I trust him to do that.

I don't care about your "can't find a job in this economy' non jobs. Sorry you can't get a client. Sweaty, you are shooting so far out on your clients it looks like they have a restraining order! And then you had the NERVE to say I wouldn't allow George to shoot.

Again, George is Vital. And I know George has the sense to ignore you guys. He is making money. He will be making much more money this year. Are you guys?

No, you sit around online all day and talk crap about other people who actually have jobs. Who make money. Who like thier jobs. You wish you were George. You check in on Georges status while you do your non responsive website work, or your receptionist work. No worries. Those are both great professions, but get off of George because you want to hurt me. How many times did you mention me and my company? Take it out on me you cowards.

I have ONLY come here to protect my friend, and my valued associate. I hope he has the sence to leave this site, as many photographers have, and have a better life without all your stalking and bs.

I'm trying to talk George out of being here at all. He doesn't need to know how non working people think of his work. Wake up people with no jobs.....you can't tell George how to do his work. I just submitted his work in the WPJA yearly finals, and I bet he wins.

George, this year will become a full time associate. He will work weddings on his own when I can't. And I trust him to do that.

I don't care about your "can't find a job in this economy' non jobs. Sorry you can't get a client. Sweaty, you are shooting so far out on your clients it looks like they have a restraining order! And then you had the NERVE to say I wouldn't allow George to shoot.

Again, George is Vital. And I know George has the sense to ignore you guys. He is making money. He will be making much more money this year. Are you guys?

No, you sit around online all day and talk crap about other people who actually have jobs. Who make money. Who like thier jobs. You wish you were George. You check in on Georges status while you do your non responsive website work, or your receptionist work. No worries. Those are both great professions, but get off of George because you want to hurt me. How many times did you mention me and my company? Take it out on me you cowards.

I have ONLY come here to protect my friend, and my valued associate. I hope he has the sence to leave this site, as many photographers have, and have a better life without all your stalking and bs.

Sup dude. You realize that both George, and Schwetty are engineers. You know, for their day job? I would assume you'd know that about George, maybe not about Schwetty. But you're making some pretty bold assumptions.

And if George asked for C&C, I'm pretty sure that he's asking for people's suggestions on 'how to do his work better.' You know, like improving his style? Something you yourself could benefit from, Bennielou.

If you came here to protect your friend, you should have done so when there was actually "protecting" to be done. The thread had been dead for some time now, conflict either resolved or forgotten, and now you're stirring shat again.

Good job, it really shows your level of professionalism. Showing up late to the party, and barging in like your Queen Dump on your pile of crap soapbox. :thumbup:

Who are you kidding......lol I don't want his job!! I get paid to sit here and laugh at this ****.....:lmao::sexywink:

Post #67 is filled with stereotyping, character assassination, and spiteful, angry words. The idea that you have come here "ONLY to protect" your friend seems disingenuous, from my point of view. You've come in here and deliberately tried to belittle other forum members. George is a grown man. Does he really need you to come in and fight his battles for him? You have made some really mean-spirited remarks about people who you have NO IDEA about. Your contribution to this thread is nothing more than a big, broad, sweeping rant against almost anybody... What gives??? Why are you acting so angry, and at so,so many people?

If I were George I would be looking for a different photography position. All the negative energy surrounding Bennielou would drive me insane and hinder my creativity.

Bennielou, I dont understand you wanting to protect him. Protect him from C&C? We know you can't take it, but he can. You are just making a joke of yourself in the process with all of your negative comments, hate filled posts, broad sweeping remarks about the other professionals here. It's really sad to see.

I hope you can get back to focusing on shooting, because that is where you are strong.

Leave all of us non-working joke photographers to play on the ol' intraweb and keep making your millions.

bennielou said:

Rantings of an arrogant lunatic. In my eyes all the sh!t you take is brought on by your horrible attitude and enormous ego.

^^ I hate to say bad things about anyone...lest they be said of me but I have to agree with the above^^.

Bennielou, sometimes it's best just to leave things alone. All you have done with your return to this thread is disrupt the harmony. Schwetty and Kerbo have come to terms and while they may not see eye to eye on all aspects they at least have shown mutual respect....maybe something you can learn from your coworker there?

Yeah guys, c'mon let's go shoot some pictures eh? :D

^^ I hate to say bad things about anyone...lest they be said of me but I have to agree with the above^^.

Bennielou, sometimes it's best just to leave things alone. All you have done with your return to this thread is disrupt the harmony. Schwetty and Kerbo have come to terms and while they may not see eye to eye on all aspects they at least have shown mutual respect....maybe something you can learn from your coworker there?

What harmony? :p

Oh, you mean the harmony in THIS particular thread. I thought you were talking about the whole forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back