Kevin: 15 with bone cancer

Hooligan Dan

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Took these shots for work the other day. It was an update on a kid we interviewed a couple months ago. At the time he was just diagnosed. He recently had his leg amputated. These are a couple of my choices for photos. My editor thought otherwise. I think he made a mistake in choosing the lead photo.

Here's my pick for lead and a secondary of Kevin looking at a magazine about prosthetic limbs. The story and photos that ran can be seen here: http://lodinews.com/articles/2008/06/28/news/2_johnson_080628.txt

kevinupdate01mo0.jpg

kevinupdate02dc1.jpg

It was a pretty emotional thing to shoot. Especially considering just a couple months ago he was a skateboarder and now he's had to put that behind him.

What do you guys think?

I think its intense. The one that ended up getting published on the web makes sense to me because there is more going on with the prosthetic leg. The photos made me think and I actually read the article because of them. Nice job!

those are great
I like your choices better too.

I can't even imagine...

really intense. great photographs. sorry but i agree with the editor. if the story is about the brave boy getting on with his life showing him with his prostetic leg is much more up lifiting.

Most reactions

Back