Kiddo portraits C&C

mommy22

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I took these pics today and am curious to know what everyone thinks. I decided for the whole month of March, I am only going to use Manual mode. I have become too reliant on Apeture priority and I feel it is limiting me a bit. I have done no PP on these pics. I think the one of my baby is good but do think that the bottom left corner is a nbit overexposed and my other daughter could have been out of the background. The second pic, of my other daughter, I think is pretty good. Feedback would be great!!!!!

keri-4.jpg

kaitlyn2-3.jpg

1) Fix the highlights being blown out and the cluttered background and it's golden. Beautiful baby!

2) I think you captured a very cute natural portrait, however, on looking at it again, it looks like she was handing you flowers....back up and GET THAT! I find myself looking at it and wanting to see the flowers and the gesture of her giving them to you.

Just my $0.02 :D

Thanks! I totally agree with you. And she was handing me flowers- such a sweetie.

Agree. My Tot was picking grass lol

cute kids! The only other thing I may offer up is that in the second shot she appears a bit blue... maybe explore on adjusting white balance as well?

Hmmm, I haven't done any PP on them so I will play with the WB a bit...Thanks!

The only thing I will add here is that that in #1 you just need to get a bit lower if you can ... I always try to shoot right at eye-level, (keeps the forehead and chin in proper proportions) with the baby it looks like her forehead is a lot bigger than I bet it really is - she has a WICKED CUTE (oh, yeah, BTW, I'm from New England and say "wicked" a lot) cute smile.

You definitely captured an awesome smile in the first shot!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back