kids baseball - photoshop job

DeepSpring

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.joshualights.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I really loved this picture i took of my little cousin at his game but that guy just totally killed it. So i tried to take him off and think i did a pretty good job, does anyone have any suggestions to make it even better?

original
img009-1.jpg

edited
aaroncopy.jpg

the baseball looks wrong, try again or reshot

You need use layers to do this right, I not real good with PS so maybe can explain better.

Personally I think you did a great guy cloning the fellow out, but the part of this photo that looks 'incorrect' is the blurring of the background. Do you happen to have a version in which the background was not altered, save the fellow being taken out?

no i dont hve a version with out the blurred background unless i were to re edit the entire thing. I did that to try and hide the cloned parts. And yes I was using layers

Is this that you did? I have read about this and seen it done, but have not done it myself.

1) Make 2 copies of image one for the foreground & background

2) The foreground with be the ball only, use the magnetic lasso trace the outline of the ball, and them invert the selection and erase the background, also the background color needs to be set to transparent

3) Next with the background image erase the man and clone background in, don’t care about the ball

4) Next make a new layer within the background image using the foreground image of the ball, but this will leave a ring around the ball

5) Ok this the part I have not done, as I understand you need to add another layer between the two to blend out ring. Also I’m not sure of comment and process at this point

Well, I think it looks good, you can see it's PS'ed but if you didn't tell me I'd have a hard time figuring what was edited. Btw, the only bad thing in it is the blurred background. :/

hmm ok well maybe if I have some free time I'll start from fresh and keep the background how it was.

Mainly this was for practice tho because I'm trying to advance my photoshop skills

some how when i was doing the layer masks and my many steps it shrunk, i have no idea how that happened, I need to copy the priginal and put it over

I'll be brutally honest. You can't see the kids face, so to me, the shot is worth more as a hehe, he looks like he's getting hit in the groin, I'd leave it!

I like it and am inmpresssed with the clarity of the original picture as well as your PS skills at removing the man in th background. Very interesting.
The only thing I'll say and repeat is, I liked the clarity of the background so get that back if you can and the ball looks fairly synthetic. Perhaps you could take another picture of a baseball against a black bacground and cut out the ball to stick in there. I'd say the ball is also a bit too small. The bigger the cuter(sp?) in this situation IMHO.
I think all in all you did a great job and a little more tweaking and you could have a pretty nfty accomplishment here.
Kudos!

Tweek Sound said:
I think all in all you did a great job and a little more tweaking and you could have a pretty nfty accomplishment here.
Kudos!
midnitejam agrees.

Try a USM on the batter and the ball and blurr the background way more so as not to distract the eye away from the subject

BTW, did the kid hit the ball? Right now it looks like he's swinging too soon.

midnitejam said:
midnitejam agrees.

Try a USM on the batter and the ball and blurr the background way more so as not to distract the eye away from the subject

sorry but whats USM?

yup he smacked that thing for a home run

Then you'd want to position the ball in the original spot.

Most reactions

Back