Kids for C&C

AJRacca

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Alright so I went out today and took some pictures since it was nice and cool here. High of 72 when we've had 95+ weather. Anyways here's 2 pictures I need C&C on. So let me know what you think, and what I need to work on.

#1.
RyBlue.jpg

#2. I'm guessing this on is a bit underexposed.
CJBlue.jpg

272710_2106230809667_1062433382_2493195_3497526_o.jpg
hrees's an edit.

Last edited:
I'm no pro, but yes number is underexposed. I like thge composition in number 1 though :)

The subject in the first shot is a little underexposed, yet the background in blown-out. Decent composition.
Again, the subject is drastically underexposed. Again, decent composition.

What mode were these shot in, if you don't mind me asking.

The subject in the first shot is a little underexposed, yet the background in blown-out. Decent composition.
Again, the subject is drastically underexposed. Again, decent composition.

What mode were these shot in, if you don't mind me asking.

I was in manual mode, still learning but I think I'm getting better slowly. Kids aren't easy to take pictures of, but I tried. For the first picture he didn't seem underexposed. He looked just right but the background was blown out, that's why I put it in B&W. Thanks for your input.

I'm no pro, but yes number is underexposed. I like thge composition in number 1 though :)

Number what? lol I think you forgot to put a number in there. Regardless if your pro or not, thanks for the comment. Were all learning here. =)

A little fill flash would have done wonders for both of these! Nice comp tho!

A little fill flash would have done wonders for both of these! Nice comp tho!

Thanks! When I have the funds I plan on picking a flash.

AJRacca said:
Thanks! When I have the funds I plan on picking a flash.

You can fill flash with your pop up flash...and it actually works pretty well at serving that function!

K so here's an update. I edited #2. How does it look now?

Ok this is what I am not getting. In number 1 it seems to me that the tree (great texture on it) is competing with the true subject of the photo. It just seems to me, from what I have been reading of other CC here that there is just too much tree. However, in this thread people are saying "Good Composition." I don't get it.

Number two I just don't like the tree coming out of the kids forehead/face. I think a more blurred background here would have been better. Or even rotated the camera a bit to get the sky around his head a little more.

Number one has decent catchlight in his eyes but number the eyes look dark, lifeless and dull even in the edit. Maybe try to put some artificial catchlight in it?

Most reactions

Back