Kids on a couch

Efergoh

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I don't know why, really, but I like this photo. Maybe it has to do with the fact that I know these kids, but the smallest subject of the photo (the youngest child) is the only one of the three who is really well and focused while the older boy is in motion, and the girl isn't even paying attention.

Well, I guess I do know why I like this photo afterall. It is still surprising to me, because it is so...so...so plain. It is just an ordinary moment. I struck the shutter release on accident (damned Russian camera with the release on the wrong side) while I was putting the camera on the tripod for a different shot altogether.

couch1b.jpg

Ah ... this is a Russian camera you shoot with?
Not that I know much about camera brands and so on at all, but ... focus looks a bit soft in all your photos. Even parts that you declare "well in focus" don't look that to me, although I do see, of course, where focus is.
Anyhow, the moment is a nice one and the good element of this pic is that the child who IS in the soft focus of your Russian camera also is in touch with the camera, looking towards us now, getting prepared, willing to have his pic taken, while the other two are either silly or still in preparation... nice one! :D

Yup. I shoot with a Kiev 6C for Medium format, but have a Minolta for 35mm.

I don't know what the issue with the Kiev is, but I've gone back over everything I've shot with it, and when I fist started with it, I was getting tack sharp images. I'm also having issues with the advancment. My esposures are over lapping from time to time. Not a lot mind you, but perhaps a half of a centimeter or less. Other times, it advances just fine, and I have a nice gap between exposures on the film.

Is that shot with a lomo? Im hanging to get my hands on a lomo cam, but they are so hard to find in Australia :( If you don't like your 'russian camera' send it to me, hehehe ;)

Well, isn't he naming his camera just one post before yours, siphoto?
Isn't he saying it was a Kiev 6C Medium format camera? Hm? ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back