Kids Say

core_17 said:
BAHAHAHAHAHA! He's a clever one! :)

And to think that was 2 years ago ;) He's been outsmarting me since he was very young. Keeps me on my toes, that's for sure, and I'm guessing Aubrey would agree :mrgreen:

Tonight at dinner my 6 year old declared that he would like a dirt bike for Christmas. We explained that it wasn't possible this year but asked where he would ride it. He stated matter of factly "To Australia". So we then explained that Australia is an island and he would have to devise a way to get over the water. He thought for a bit and said "Well, everyone from Australia is very smart, they'll figure it out" :mrgreen:

So, to all you Aussie's, rest assured that Christopher age 6 from New Hampshire, USA feels that everyone of you is very, very smart :D

Alison said:
Tonight at dinner my 6 year old declared that he would like a dirt bike for Christmas. We explained that it wasn't possible this year but asked where he would ride it. He stated matter of factly "To Australia". So we then explained that Australia is an island and he would have to devise a way to get over the water. He thought for a bit and said "Well, everyone from Australia is very smart, they'll figure it out" :mrgreen:

So, to all you Aussie's, rest assured that Christopher age 6 from New Hampshire, USA feels that everyone of you is very, very smart :D

That's too cute Alison!!

I'll add one ...

My five year old was recently babysat by a friend of my moms boyfriend who is a fairly "proper" woman. Anyways during the course of the evening he passed wind and proudly declared that he had tooted. She told him the proper word to use is flatulence.

So now we get the privilige of hearing everytime my son "flatuwinds" :mrgreen:

(just can't quite get himself around the pronunciation of that one!!)

There's a 4 year old kid down my block who one day said, "Guess what Matt! I get to go to Disneyland with my dad and mom and grandpa. But not my grandma, she's dead." I thought it was funny since he was smiling the whole time, I was trying to be nice and not know what to say. It was the way he said it, makes me laugh :p

we had a bad storm a few years ago, and we were all in our house. My mom was on the phone, and my littl e sister was sitting at the table with her (3/4 years old). My mom said somehting toextent of "the lines are all down in town". After hearing this, my sister came running in to me yelling "MICHAEL! MICHAEL!! THERE ARE LIONS RUNNING WILD IN TOWN!!" she'll never live it down

errant_star said:
That's too cute Alison!!

I'll add one ...

My five year old was recently babysat by a friend of my moms boyfriend who is a fairly "proper" woman. Anyways during the course of the evening he passed wind and proudly declared that he had tooted. She told him the proper word to use is flatulence.

So now we get the privilige of hearing everytime my son "flatuwinds" :mrgreen:

(just can't quite get himself around the pronunciation of that one!!)
How about "whizpopping"? :mrgreen:

Awww crap, is it possible for men to get broody? :crazy: :blushing:

My son Lucas (age 5) has a calendar of activities that he does for school homework. Today he informed me that one of them is to help someone fix dinner. He looked at me and said "Mom, tomorrow can you make dinner wrong so I can fix it? It says that's what I have to do" :lmao:

I mentioned this on an earlier post but here goes again...

As you know, or maybe not know, I teach violin. I had two boys age 6 take lessons at the same time and at the very first lesson, when I was trying to compare the body of a violin with the body of a human (head/scroll, neck, shoulders, belly, bottom and so on) one of the boys asked "And where's the weenie?..." I tried hard to remain serious.

Alison, lol on your son thinkin all Aussies are smart....I won't burst his bubble! ;) :lol:

My eldest nephew, Cody, got busted telling a little white lie one day and ,thus, was sent to his room after being 'spoken to sternly'.

After a while, he emerged from his room timidly, peeked around the corner at his mum (my sister) and quietly announced he had 'something to say'.

My sister, still stern, said "Ok, Cody, come over and tell me..."

With genuine, tear-glistened eyes he said " I promise I won't tell lies anymore mum. It all gets too *compi-cated when I get caught....."

* Not a spelling mistake, just how he pronounced such a big word :lol:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back