Kilkenny Castle, Kilkenny, Ireland

crimbfighter

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Shot Sept. 19th during our trip through Ireland. Kilkenny Castle is the most complete restored castle in all of Ireland and contains replacement furniture, carpet, and wallpaper that exactly matches what was originally there. Since I'm sure somebody will ask about the color version, I included a link to it below...

https://flic.kr/p/PkcJZM

D800, 24-70 @ 24mm, f/5, 3.0 sec

like it...a lot! EXCEPT that beer joint on the left absolutely destroys the composition.

It's not a beer joint, he's in Ireland. Ale is served in Irish hospitals as medicinal. That's an urgent care center.

Joe

I like the B&W version best. I bet you have many nice photos from your trip and hope you share.

like it...a lot! EXCEPT that beer joint on the left absolutely destroys the composition.

Thanks! And i agree about that terrace.. In hindsight while I was editing I was wishing I had taken a few steps to the right to eliminate that. Oh well, I can only perseverate on it for so long!

It's not a beer joint, he's in Ireland. Ale is served in Irish hospitals as medicinal. That's an urgent care center.

Joe
Haha, how true.. I was in fact already down a few of those medicinal ales when I took the photo, which probably wasn't a great idea since I had forgotten my tripod at the hotel so I was balancing the camera on the edge of the bridge where I was standing..

I like the B&W version best. I bet you have many nice photos from your trip and hope you share.

Thanks! I have 4500 photos from the trip, so I'm sure there are more to come as I work through them.

I too am not friend for the left side, but these are details, considering the high quality of the image.
Excellent nightscape. all the best,
sandro

Most reactions

Back