Killdeer Planes swamp, Ohio

Kevin D Burns

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Picture84237.jpg

I learned something during this shoot.
LOL!! To carry bug repellent. LOL!!

Oh, I believe THAT upon just LOOKING at your location here. It must have been TEEMING with all sorts of mosquitos, bugs and whatnot. Whoa! If you have to slap yourself all the time, that stands VERY much in the way of some good photography, eh? ;) ;) ;)

You still managed to get a beautiful view here, but even though you have a reflection shot that sometimes ask for a very centred horizon line (if "real world" and "reflected world" are totally the same), this is not the case here, therefore I am not quite so happy with the position of the horizon here. I think in a creative cropping session you should decide for the swamp aspect and all the green in the water with less sky, or for the beautiful cloud pictures and less water (like a crop blow the reflection of that dead tree) ... or your create two "new" and different photos out of this one - just for experimental reasons?

Thanks, I have another shot where I pulled the tree in closer. Will post.

whoa I love this one! the reflection is superb!

Looks like a gorgeous spot :D

I love the third photo it's stunning :D

Oh, I just love swamps (apart from the mosquitos and horse flies there!) --- I think I will have to go to my favourite swamps any time soon, now.

Most reactions

Back