Kimmeridge

Mohain

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.gtbphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
One from a few I took at Kimmeridge bay, Dorset a couple of weeks ago. More to follow...

3076472459_b60a8467ed_o.jpg

EDIT: Retouched the original so part of Steph's comment below may not make sense.

EDIT 2. Added 3 more pics below.

3061136874_4c16f2b500_o.jpg

3061144972_432caaa76d_o.jpg

3061148354_84dbb57b14_o.jpg

Thanks for looking :)

Last edited:
I don't know if you were after C&C but here is what I think anyway:

What I like:
- The square format
- The simple composition
- The horizon almost in the middle of the frame. Somehow I think very often it works well with a square format.
- The use of a slow shutter speed (and the resulting blur in water and clouds)
- The pinhole/Holga/Lomo/Lubitel look (My guess would be Holga)

What I don't like so much:
- The vignette is just a bit too strong but I can live with that
- I find the sky is a bit too dark at the top of the frame (result from vignetting?)
- The silhouette of the car on the left hand-side

Overall, I like it though and it made me want to go back to Kimeridge Bay for a photographic trip and to take pinhole pictures there. Thanks for sharing. I'm looking forward to seeing more.

Last edited:
I always like a bit of C&C ;)

I hadn't even noticed the car, thanks for pointing it out. I shall deal with that when I get home ;)

The sky may well be a tad too dark, I struggle with a TN tech monitor and the 'brightness' of the screen changes with every slight head movement. I plan on a new Xmas pressie to myself.

It's truly a wonderful place isn't it? I could have spent the whole day in that one bay alone. I plan to return this weekend, well to the Dorset coast at least :)

Thanks again for the feedback :)

Last edited:
ooh that looks like another place i gotta visit :mrgreen:

Great shot Mo, i like the processing i think it suits the image :thumbup:

It's truly a wonderful place isn't it? I could have spent the whole day in that one bay alone. I plan to return this weekend, well to the Dorest coast at least :)

It is. I really like this part of the Dorset coast: Kimeridge Bay, Lulworth Cove, Chapman's Pool and Durdle door (even if is sometimes crowded and has been much photographed). Hope you get some decent weather next WE.

Great shots- I like looking at your work. The last one is especially striking to me.

#4 is my fav. Def a place to visit before you die.

Beautiful! The clouds are so pretty in each shot. I like how you composed the shots (eg the low point of view in the second shot) and your processing.

I really like all of them!!!!!

is the second one HDR?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back