Kinda lost and confused.

Alter_Ego

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hey so its been awhile that ive touched my camera and the last trip i went out i decided to take it out. At the end i was quite disappointed with my photos and right now i feel like my knowledge of photography is what is bringing me down. So im just asking if you guys have any online articles i can read?

Im using a canon rebel xs with stock lens so im really thinking about buying a prime lens and a proper flash since i cant stand the pop up one.

But yeah any wise words would really help lift my spirit.

a couple for cc.

cc.jpg

cc2.jpg

Last edited:
Yea you definitely need to use it more and get more familiar with the camera. I think in the last week since I bought my Camera there's been only one day that I didn't take at least 200 photos.

Hey so its been awhile that ive touched my camera and the last trip i went out i decided to take it out. At the end i was quite disappointed with my photos and right now i feel like my knowledge of photography is what is bringing me down. So im just asking if you guys have any online articles i can read?

Im using a canon rebel xs with stock lens so im really thinking about buying a prime lens and a proper flash since i cant stand the pop up one.

But yeah any wise words would really help lift my spirit.
Use a search engine.

Instead of waiting for replies to this thread you could have found and already be be reading articles of your choice.

You have no passion for photography, or you would have already found plenty of articles to read.

You must understand the exposure triad, shutter speed, aperture, and ISO.
You must understand depth-of-field.
You must understand composition.

Now it's time to rev up your favorite search engine and start hunting.

Google. one of the best teachers in the world. But i think most of all get out and practice. Just shoot anything and your gears will start turning again. If you lost intrest in what style you were shooting before maybe change it up a little. try wildlife or candid, or something you have not done before. I dont think your 1st shot is that bad.
Maybe get into more shots like you avatar :)

rule of thirds would have made the first one perfect, but its already a nice photo.

Blown background on number two really isnt working for me..

A quick edit, used magic wand to select the blown background, quickmasked to make sure i got it all selected, then used levels to bring out a little more detail in the background. Granted, it is blown alot, but it looks slightly better.
cc2edit.jpg

WOOPS, forgot to change the subject. Here is my final edit.

cc2REeditcopy.jpg

"Knowledge" ive learned in this field is a lot of trial and error. Every shoot I do, I do something wrong and learn to correct it in my next shoot. Im very new as well to the world of photography and have searched high and low for good books. This set was recommended to me by a friend and I have found it to be a WEALTH of good information. The author is Scott Kelby and I found a link which I pasted for you. Go by barnes and noble, get a coffee, and start reading this book in the store. Im pretty sure you will want to buy it by the time you are done with your coffee. Oh btw...First picture is awesome!!! Second I think would work better if you shot it on a cloudy day/later in the day as its just so blown out.

Scott Kelby's Digital Photography Boxed Set, Volumes 1, 2, and 3, Scott Kelby, Book - Barnes & Noble

Most reactions

Back