Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Advice and ideas welcome, cc welcome too, please keep it kind:
S1B.jpg

3-4.jpg

1-8.jpg

(Logo & frames for www purposes only)

TFL :wink:

The first two are cute, but I don't get the last one. Just looks like a mess-up, even with the color. What exactly were you going for?

I was going for two faces in one?
Any suggestions?

I really like the second one. the first one i wouldn't guess they were kissing without the title and the girl seems uncomfortable and is pulling away. The third...really just doesn't seem right to me. I don't think you should do more then one face at a time. I like that the second has a nice feeling between sister and brother and they look relaxed. Its really overexposed which I think you were going for but I would love to it edited differently

I hope Im not being too harsh, but rule number 1 in portraits is make sure the face/faces can be seen.

In #1, the pole is strangely placed in the center between them, but even if you cant see them, the poses seem tense and awkward. Why are brother and sister kissing each other behind a pole anyway? Sorry, it just doesnt work at all for me. A pleasant kiss on the cheek where their faces are seen would be sweet.

In #2, its "blown out", not "blown up". The background is way too bright. You can tone that down by taking your aperature to about f/9 or more, so that it doesnt let as much light in the lens. Or you can position your subjects in a shady area, where there isnt so much hard sunlight.

Agree about #3, the double face doesnt work here.

Keep trying and glad you shared your work.

It's not brother and sister... May I ask why it comes accross that way?
Thanks anyway.

well brother or sister or not...kids kissing is a little odd. you cant see their faces. the girl looks very uncomfortable. and it isn't a sweet little kiss ... its behind a pole like they were hiding something naughty. I think it just wasn't pulled off the way you hoped (in the early 90s photos of little kids kissing and dressed up with selective coloring was very popular, was that sort of what you had in mind?)

Mmmm, kind off, yes...
I was hoping to catch a more "natural" shot.
They were just playing around and the chased after them :)
These were one of the shots he caught up with her. They were notactually "hiding" butI can surely understand why itmay seem thatway. I really did notfor one moment think someone would misinterpret it as "doing something naughty"... But I apreciate honesty, hey! It will help me improve my skills (or lack of skills :) lol)

About the aperture, I am surely going to implement it next time, so thanks for the tip!

Thanks...
LOl I am not good at titling, I even have trouble naming pets... so..
*Grins*

It's not brother and sister... May I ask why it comes accross that way?
Thanks anyway.

Sorry for assuming they were brother and sister. It just seemed that way if they were in the portraits together.

Just the same, thanks for sharing and hope to see more of your work. :)

NJ

Most reactions

Back