Kitchen Photo - C&C

Discussion in 'General Gallery' started by boomer, Sep 21, 2009.

1. boomer

boomer No longer a newbie, moving up!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Took this photo tonight at one of my parents friends house. I didn't have a lot of room to move around because we didn't want to move the furniture all around so my angles were kind of limited. But this was my favorite shot.

I wish i would have gotten a better angle with the oven (moved to the right a little more). But i couldn't.

This was my first kitchen type shoot so let me know your thoughts :)

[​IMG]

2. Derrel

Derrel Mr. Rain Cloud

Photos OK to edit
    It's just a tiny bit hot on the countertop of the island and on the hood over the cooktop, but the rest of the scene is exposed pretty well. You did a good job of keeping the back of the camera parallel with the wall and the cabinets. Maybe you could do a tiny bit of highlight recovery on the burned out areas to absolutely "peg" the highlight exposure, like on the flooring to the left of the kitchen island/sink, that's a bit too hot.

The two chairs at the bottom center of the frame are a bit tight to the bottom edge of the frame. The shot's pretty darned good for a first time effort. I like the white balance and the rendering of the recessed lighting. With a couple of very minor adjustments or improvements, this shot would look very professional.

3. boomer

boomer No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos OK to edit
    Thank you!

I actually bracketed this shot, so i may try to blend the exposures with Photomatics to see if i can tone down the hot spots that way too. This is also one of my first shots shooting RAW and i have to say it is quite nice! Just takes up a lot more room.

I'll mess with it a little more and post it up.