Kiteboarding Session.....Lots of pics (sorry dialup)

uberben

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.benberndtphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I started to kiteboard this year and it was a great day for it today. A bit chilly..6 degree F with -15 windchill....But it was a bluebird sky. I had such a fun time.
Sequencea.jpg

IMG_4643a.jpg

IMG_4583a.jpg

IMG_4573a.jpg

IMG_4554a.jpg

IMG_4497a.jpg

IMG_4448a.jpg

IMG_4435a.jpg

IMG_4407a.jpg

IMG_4395a.jpg

IMG_4370a.jpg

Is this YOU kiteboarding or was it YOU who took these gorgeous action photos? I don't quite understand. But the photos are cool and the weather sure does look perfect!!

I was the photographer....However I was out yesterday as well. I'm the only photographer there so i'm always the photographer, never the photograph. Oh well.

2 & 3 are my favorites. I bet that could be quite a treacherous hobby if the wind picked up.

Are there controls on the handle so that if it gets too windy, the boarder can adjust for less pull?

Looks like fun, makes me wish I'm younger to give it a try. I'd imagine that was done on a frozen lake?

Are there controls on the handle so that if it gets too windy, the boarder can adjust for less pull?

The kites are sheetable with the lines, the basic idea behind controlling it is pretend your driving a bike. push/pull on each side of the bar..compared to driving a car where you rotate the bar. its really fun and once you know how to control the kite and adjust to wind variations its really not that dangerous. We were out on a frozen lake today, but the local farm fields are fun too since you can ride up the hills and boost off the tops...soaring for what seem forever. I just started this past winter, but i'm stoked to do it on the water this year too. I have been windsurfing for a long time, so this will be a welcomed change to mix it up. Plus the jumping on water is huge...15-20 feet up, long lofting...I can't wait.

It was a perfect day for pictures though, bluebird sky, nice amount of sun.

wow this looks like a lot of fun this sport has been taking off this year and I keep seeing it more and more... When it snows I will have to give it a shot. I have some open fields around her just no mountains within 2 hours so this will be a fun alternative. Great pics too by the way I love the colors

I really like the tokina 12-24 I was using. It been producing some vivid colors and some nice contrasty photos for me.

Most reactions

Back