Kites on Monster Beach

Lyanna

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Yeah, we really have a little town called Monster over here :D
Anyway, this was just a spur of the moment trip and I was lucky to have my camera and tripod with me. What do you think?

On the first one, there is a little post-processing, cloned out a blue truck that passed by behind the kite flyer. I also wish I would have waited a little bit longer so that the lower tip of the kite was also in the air, and not backgrounded with buildings. But anyway....

kite.gif

I think this one is my favorite

kite1.gif

Really like the last one! Write up a short article about kite flying to go with it and you could probably get it published somewhere. At least the local newspaper (if they have one).

Again, nice shot!
LizM

The 2nd one is really great, wonderful composition and colors!

Wow, I too love the second one more, great action shot, that looks like it would be a blast to try.

L

the second one is great!
Kite flying looks pretty fun, but what stops the guy from hitting a good wind draft and shooting straight up?

Nice shots.

I would definately recommend saving your pictures as jpgs instead of gif. gif isn't really meant for photos.

tnx guys for the comments...I might send the second pic to the organisation for which the guy was demonstrating.

Voodoocat, thanks for the tip. I use PS and most of the time use "Save for Web" as the option to save pics I want to display here. I find that they load quicker than JPG's. But yeah, it takes away quality, I know.

Lyanna said:
tnx guys for the comments...I might send the second pic to the organisation for which the guy was demonstrating.

Voodoocat, thanks for the tip. I use PS and most of the time use "Save for Web" as the option to save pics I want to display here. I find that they load quicker than JPG's. But yeah, it takes away quality, I know.
Actually a 60-70% quality jpg will be much smaller than a gif.

They're both nice shots, but the second one is indeed a standout. Great action, and it just makes you keep looking at it, for the "fun factor". Nice job! :)

Yep, the second one is fab!

LizM said:
Really like the last one! Write up a short article about kite flying to go with it and you could probably get it published somewhere. At least the local newspaper (if they have one).

Again, nice shot!
LizM

We'd publish it

Most reactions

New Topics

Back