Kitsune Statue

Fox guardian in Japanese folklore, guarding entry to the spirit world.

Sony A7RV / Sony FE 24-105 G OSS

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2pgMfcv]Kitsune by Tursiops, on Flickr[/URL]
I have never thought of Japanese and ancient Egyptian culture coming withing a country mile of each other, but when I first saw this wonderful image I thought it was a statue of Anubis, the jackal-headed Egyptian god of the Underworld and the one who weighs souls of the deceased. .(It better be lighter than a feather . . .) Here's a shot of Anubis I took, not in Egypt but on a tour of the old Egyptian Theater in Los Angeles.

A3BDA47A-4954-4B4F-8DFB-FCC0B643EF94.jpeg

I have never thought of Japanese and ancient Egyptian culture coming withing a country mile of each other, but when I first saw this wonderful image I thought it was a statue of Anubis, the jackal-headed Egyptian god of the Underworld and the one who weighs souls of the deceased. .(It better be lighter than a feather . . .) Here's a shot of Anubis I took, not in Egypt but on a tour of the old Egyptian Theater in Los Angeles.
Many thanks, yes strange how such separated people come to worship a similar symbol, I guess if the animal is prevalent it helps, plenty of foxes around in Japan and I guess jackals in Egypt? Main difference being in Japan the fox still has the same standing even after all these years.

Nice one.
Many thanks.

Most reactions

Back