Kiwi Roadtrip I - Extreme 56K beligerence!

Discussion in 'General Gallery' started by vonnagy, Apr 9, 2004.

1. vonnagy

vonnagy have kiwi, will travel...

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    What a great day today was, I woke up this good friday and head up north to Tawharanui Penisula and ended the photographic day on the opposite end in Okahokara Penisula and found a wicked little community called Tapora. Tomorrow I am taking road trip II there!

I did feel horrible though, i ran over a takeha which is an enangered bird :shock:, but i was only driving 35K and the damn bird decide to play chicken with the my diesel engine. Needless to say i saw a plume of black feathers in the review mirror :cry: shhhh don't tell anyone!!!

Here are some pics I took today. Enjoy!!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Lungfarmer

Lungfarmer TPF Noob!

Holy moly! Such beautiful shots of such beautiful areas. Very nicely done. I love the colors and lighting, and those 2 B&Ws of the graveyard, WONDERFUL! You've given me such very nice images to dream about, as I'm about to hit the sack soon as I finish my tea, thank you. :)

3. markc

markc TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Beautiful work, Mark. My favorites are the rainbow, the sand dune, and the last one.

The rainbow and the path compliment each other brilliantly. I'm thinking a slightly different crop might help it, but I'm not sure where yet.

The contrast in the sand and the clouds in the dune image is spot on. I just love it. This is probably my favorite one.

I meantioned the last one in the other thread, but I'll just repeat here that I think an almost square crop would be a good idea for that one. Again, the contrast and the light just grab me.

4. Osmer_Toby

Osmer_Toby TPF Noob!

mmm mmm mmm. as usual, your work just blows me away. you've probably mentioned this before, but what camera are you using? looks like a wide angle lens- 15 mm? in at least a few shots 1,2,4,5,&7.
    #8- is this a ps blend of 2 images? if not, man, i bow down to your technical expertise (well, i bow to you anyway), and this leads to a question: how the hell do you get the foreground, midground, and horizon to be so sharp, all at once? it almost looks like baffles manipulation in a lf cam...

5. Tammy

Tammy TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    These are incredible - I love the colors - do you do/use anything special or do any tweaking in PS do achieve such rich colors, or do they come that way straight from the camera? These are awesome.

6. simulastral

simulastral TPF Noob!

WOW WOW WOW WOW

7. craig

craig TPF Noob!

All the images seem well thought out!!! Beautiful land. I am speechless. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

8. Harpper

Harpper TPF Noob!

Simply amazing von. The second one has a nice semi-spherical effect between the rainbow and road, but the one that really caught my eye was the last one with the log. The detail and sharpness in the center where the shore meets the water is truely amazing! The lighting off the water is very good too. On my Toshiba it usually gets washed out or ends up being too dull. Good work Mark.

9. explody pup

explody pup TPF Noob!

Wow.

It's images like this that make me realise that I still have an entire world of learning to do. :oops:

Thanks. This is good motivation to get out and take some photos after work. :D

10. drdan

drdan TPF Noob!

Just beautiful work. Impressive photography of great scenery. Are those graveyard photos infrared? I really like them too.

11. photobug

photobug TPF Noob!

Hey Mark, are you ever going to figure this photo stuff out? :lol

Super shots, as usual, but... what the hell is that thing in the pole chair supposed to be??!?!? :?:

12. photogoddess

photogoddess TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    :shock: Do you EVER take a bad photo??? :lol: