Knife people???

Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm on a knife forum and they have a nice section set aside for photography! A lot of these guys are big into photography too, I just thought that was really cool.
So my questions is who here is big into knives as well as photography?? Hell and what other hobbies does everyone have?

Personally I love photography, knives, backpacking/camping (boyscout), baseball, Nascar, longboarding, and a sport called speedboarding.

What you guys into??

...I have too many hobbies. I can only afford one at a time, lol.

But yeah, I have a lot of knives too.

Nothing real fancy...

A bunch of small Case pocket knives, some bigger Case knives. A few Columbia River knives, a few KA-BARs, a few Benchmade knives...

I have a large selection of butter knives.

In the early 2000's, I tutored noted custom knife maker and designer Darrel Ralph on how to photograph his knives, and even bought a Nikkor 60mm micro from him when he decided to go with a longer focal length macro lens. As a thank-you he sent me a small box that contained a number of the knives he designed for the Smith & Wesson company, and which bear his name as the designer. Some sweet knives!

This is mostly used for $hits and Grins but, I like doing cheesey video effects. It's something I can do with my kids and the neighborhood kids to get them interested in the technology behind what they see on TV and in the movies. It also spurs their creativity and makes them come up with ideas of there own once they start getting the basics down. And I believe that coaxing the younger generations to keep their creativity alive and healthy is a big benefit for them in their future.

I just currently started working on a 16' wide X 24' long floor space down in my basement that I am converting into a green screen shooting back drop. The main wall background is 16' wide by 8' tall. It's been a lot of fun and the kids love seeing themselves on video doing cool effects that make their parents and friend ask how they did that. I use a combination of other hobbies I have for that such as 3d modeling and rendering of "CGI" objects, photography, DVD authoring.

I like knives but it is tough collecting them with so many regulations in the military about what you are allowed and not allowed to have in the dorms... I got this sweet one being deployed it is a benchmade something switch blade you just push the little button on the handle and the blade pops up and locks into place and the blade is about 4 inches 2 and a half inches of just regular blade and the rest is serated i love the thing its just about as sharp as a razor blade it works beautifully opening up boxes.... just guide the blade along the tap and cuts like a dream

Most reactions

New Topics

Back