knowledge come to me!

Eye of the Unknown

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Well, hello everybody, I'm new on this website.
First of all, excuse me if I don't speak english perfectly, I'm a young guy from Catalonia, Spain, who wants to learn the basics things of the amazing world of Photography. My father just give me a camera for my birthday and I don't know anything of this, so I ask you guys , if u can teach me or show me the esencial keys to start making photos. Things like how works a camera, how I should zoom to get X result, what lens should I use, things that all Photographers should know and dominate. I have a Canon EOS 1000D, and two lens : 18-55mm and 75-300mm.

Thanks Beforehand, and please, excuse my poor english :D

You should be able to read the user's manual in your native language.

As for the essentials, learn composition.

Your English is better than many people that were born and have lived in the US all of their lives.

Your user manual is a great starting point. Sit with it and your camera, read, look at the camera and get to know what everything does. Start experimenting. Set the camera to full auto and shoot a couple of pictures. Then, set it to one of the other modes (look at your manual), change a setting and look at what has happened as a result of your changes.

Right now, if you don't have any idea what to do, set the camera to full auto and start taking pictures. At least you be able to immediately start using your new equipment. Then, as you learn more about what the different settings do, more about light and composition then you can begin to explore the modes that require more input from you.

But at this moment, start having fun with your new equipment. Congratulations.

Most reactions

Back