Knowlton Church HDR

flyingseale

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
A couple of days ago I was a little downbeat with what I was producing. But tonight the sky was a lot more interesting and I got to play with photomatrix some more. I can feel another purchase coming on in order to get rid of the water marks :wink:

This is Knowlton Church, a Norman ruin built inside a neolithic henge - very unusual.
http://www.knowlton.clara.net/family/History/knowlton_church.htm
The best part is it's only 10 minutes down the road from me and 'kinda' on the way home from work. The downside is telegraph poles in the direction of the sunset. So I'll either have to learn some photoshop skills or get up early for a sunrise shot :wink:

HDR1for-web.jpg

Regards
Mike

BTW, are my images too wide for most peoples screens? I'm having to scroll right :grumpy: but if most people are viewing at a higher screen resolution I'll leave it as it is.

That's a pretty cool shot. I'm really enjoying the sky.

The telegraph poles shouldn't be too difficult to edit out. If you don't mind, I'll take a crack at it. :)

great shot, love the sky and the glow from behind the tower

That's a pretty cool shot. I'm really enjoying the sky.

The telegraph poles shouldn't be too difficult to edit out. If you don't mind, I'll take a crack at it. :)
What's really nice about Photomatrix is you never really know what to expect until it finishes it's magic. The sky was nice tonight but when I saw the finished HDR I could not believe how good it looked.
You're welcome to have a go on the poles, but one day I must sit down and learn how to photoshop properly ;)

lostprophet said:
love the sky and the glow from behind the tower
Thanks. The glow seems appropriate for this ruin.

Mike

awesome, the colors and lighting are great

As to your question on the width of your photos, flyingseale ... yes. At 1024 pixels wide they are too wide for many a screen. It has shown that 800 pixels wide (or up, if it is a vertical frame) is a very good size for web-presentation.

When I see your photo here, I feel I must still work on my tone-mapping "knowledge" (ha-ha. "Knowledge" is the exaggeration of the year!). PLUS I need a better tripod!!!!!!! I'll show in the why in our "Bloopers"-forum...

Voila! I had to crop off the border to remove the pole and wires the way I was removing them, but I think it turned out pretty good. :)

Attachments

• $HDR1for-web.jpg
    $HDR1for-web.jpg
    162.8 KB · Views: 107
Nice clean up. Which tools did you use?

Mike

Healing brush, mostly. That actually blends the colors, which works very well except when you use it near something that's a completely different color than what you're trying to fix (i.e., the hills in the background). The black actually "bled" into the sky, so I had to use the clone stamp tool to fix that and then the healing brush to blend the darker spot caused by the clone stamp. I'm sure there's an easier way, but that's the easiest way I've figured out so far.

Most reactions

Back