Kodak Brownie Reflex

smithdan

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Shot the last roll of VP127 I could find through this one a few years ago. I made a contact sheet and printed one frame enlarged to 7" square.

here are some scans. Focus not as good as some of my old boxes and it was a windy day as well so this was about the limits of this one's ability. Cute little plastic critter though. I would like to take this one out again, saved the spools and the backing paper so who knows. $009 - Copy.JPG$img042e1.jpg$img048e1.jpg$img055e1.jpg$img056e1.jpg

thanks compur. I'll look these guys up. Dang! used to live in Calgary up to 4 years ago.

Very nice pictures. I don't think you have any problems with focus, after all it is focus-less camera which relies on dept of field for sharpness. Was never intended to produce prints bigger then post card size. Anything bigger will get softer and softer. You did a good job.
You can get more 127 film from here:
The Frugal Photographer
or in Toronto here:
FilmPlus | 416-535-3747 | Toronto, Canada
Pricey a bit.

One of those came with my wife as the dowry. That was 53 years ago and I still have both.

Congratulations ! A good "job" here to !

Agree with timor. Were working on 43, didn't get a camera though. congratulations bsinmich

timor, thanks for the comment and the links. only have 3 using 127, nothing fancy, this one, a mid 50's brown holiday and a starmeter.

Last edited:
timor, thanks for the comment and the links. only have 3 using 127, nothing fancy, this one, a mid 50's brown holiday and a starmeter.
Your welcome. For kicks; if you have the spools and paper backing why not use a 35 mm film. I will be a bit "lomographic", but for fun ?

Nice soft vintage pic's. Very cool! Nice Job!

2WheelPhoto : thanks

timor : yes, going to try that and crop out the holes (groans from the lomo afficionados..) also have an idea for a jig to cut down 120 in the dark without losing knuckle bits.

Rick58 : thanks. your signature line pretty much sums up why I like to keep the old cheapies running, sort of in honour of the memories they put in the albums and shoeboxes of our lives.

I think the OP is a very good example that it isn't the camera that makes the photo -- it's the photographer. ;)

wow cool, ive got a little brownie i've been meaning to take out, gotta reroll some 620 spools for it tho :( good stuff tho

My first really good photo was taken with Brownie reflex around 1949 or so. It shows a steam locomotive belching black smoke and looking like it is going 90 mph. Not bad for a kid with a box camera with a very slow shutter speed. And only one shutter speed. Great little 127 camera.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back