Kodak DCS

When I used to sell Kodak, their cameras were mediocre, and their service (should something go wrong) is horrible. It just seems that Kodak isn't really well-known for their cameras anymore, just their films.

that's what i'd really like. i've found some DCS ones for under 2000 at ebay, but all of the ones in the 1D lineup are at least 6000 and up. if i could only stumble on like 8 thousand dollars... no wait, like 2 million. then i could easily buy one and have plenty of money left to spare.

I agree with Doxx.

We have them at work. Several of them. The huge resolution is nice, but they are very prone to noise and moire, and yes the service from Kodak sucks. Having said all that, it _IS_ possible to take nice pictures with that camera, and get nice results, but overall, I'd much rather have a Canon 1Dmk2 or 1Dsmk2. Canon's image quality is FAR superior in my experience.

I guess it's time that you're introduced to a very powerful site. www.dpreview.com Phil Askey tests 90% of the cameras on the market and has very non biased break downs of them along with sample images from most. He also just started doing sound samples of all the digital SLRs pulling a burst mode so you can hear how they perform. The Kodaks didn't fare so well but there are tons of others to look at. Have fun over there and tell your wallet that I'm sorry. :D

Most reactions

Back