Kodak ProFoto 400 BW

santino

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.artofart.com
Hi!

Has anyone of you ever used a film called "Kodak ProFoto 400 BW" C41?
it's cheap like dirt and I got two rolls, any hints or stuff? I couldn't find any info on Kodak.com but it seems to be real Kodak stuff.
thanks

The only references I could find were from Polish users or site in Cyrillic, though one looked like it might be Finnish or something along those lines. It might be renamed Portra.

maybe it's just for eastern europe (bought it in Poland - the place where I actually am right now). The guy at the shop said that there's BW400CN too so I don't know (ProFoto costs about 2,50 $). Considering to buy some more, just loaded my Zorki 4 and we'll see.

Just remember that it requires color processing, even though its BW.

When you get your first roll developed, check the edge markings. They might lend some insight if it's merely rebranded.

santino said:
Hi!

Has anyone of you ever used a film called "Kodak ProFoto 400 BW" C41?
it's cheap like dirt and I got two rolls, any hints or stuff? I couldn't find any info on Kodak.com but it seems to be real Kodak stuff.
thanks

The only two Kodak B&W films that I can readily find where I live (Florida, USA) are Kodak Professional BW 400CN (C-41 Process) and Kodak Professional TRI-X 400 TX which is a B&W negative film. Your ProFoto could (conceivably) be another regional marketing name for the 400CN.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back