Kodak Ultra Color?

BrettG

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Anyone tried this film? I just bought some for a trip to Alaska I'm taking next week (so obviously, I'm planning on doing a lot of outdoor/landscape shots). Has anyone tried this? Any comments on it?

I've tried it and didn't like it for general shooting. Has too much of a color cast for my tastes. I like the NC better. Even the VC has a strong color cast.

voodoocat said:
I like UC cause it gives it somewhat of a 70's album art feel to it.
What a description! :lol: I can always count on you, Voods. :thumbup:

Freaky boy.

I really want to try that film however the wal-mart here sells it in a pack of 3 or 4 and its expensive to buy that many rolls at once without ever using it before, and its $5 for one roll at freestyle.

If contrast is what I seek, the UC is what I load. I personally really like my results for the proper situation. For other situations, I end up using NC or even HiDef.

Alright, based on the replies I think I wont bother using them, at least not for my trip. I guess I'd really need to use them once and see exactly what I'd get out of them.

A 70's album art feel is definitely not what I'm looking for! Thanks for the advice, everyone

for nature, landscapes, and things that you would use, say velvia for, UC works great. not quite as colorful as velvia of course, but pretty saturated. i wouldnt use it for people shots though. it's suppose to still have accurate skin tones, but i'd rather not take my chances with film. for non-people shots, that's what i use, almost exclusively.

I tried it out a while back and really like it...great color saturation and contrast. I agree w/Chad on this one :lol: I even used it on some portraits in Cambodia and the colors of the skin tones were fine IMO.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back