Kodak

droyz2000

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have not been using DSLR's very long yet. Just about a year and a half. While I was surfing the web I stumbled across something that I personally had never seen, the Kodak Professional DCS PROSLR/C. It was released some time ago, and since been discontinued. I was reading about it and it was said to be 13.7mp and have a full frame sensor and it was to Canon's EF lens mount. I was just wondering why such a camera did not catch on when it seems to have been so far ahead of its time? Or was that the problem, that it was a bit too far ahead of its time? Just some thoughts.

There was a Kodak DSC 14n which uses the Nikon mount, 14mp, full frame.

It was junk because it took over 20 seconds to start up, didn't have a power saving feature, so the batteries went dead in something like 45 minutes of turning it on. It produced blocky images, and was immensly plagued with noise problems.

That is not what I am asking about. The Kodak I am asking about was reviewed on DPreview and was said to turn on in about 6 seconds. I think this one with the Canon mount came out after the one with the Nikon mount.

6 seconds is still too long. When Kodak made SLR's, they failed.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back