Kona Sunset

sabbath999

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I don't normally "do" sunsets, but I was working on catching the "Green Flash" in Kona (caught it twice) and took this before setting up for green flashing.

PP in Capture NX with the Orton Effect (it is part of my Hawaii series that I am doing entirely with that effect).

k.jpg

I like it. I typically don't like softness (I know, it's what makes an Orton an Orton...) in a landscape or sunset like this, but it really sets the mood in this shot. I've thought about trying out the Orton effect, and I have a few shots that it might work with.

I've heard about this green flash, any possibility of seeing your pics of it? I'm pretty curious.

K, I will post one for you... really, as pictures go they are boring, especially the one it shifted focus on me... caught the flash but it went out of focus. I learned from that to set my focus manually the next clear night, and I caught it in focus.

I like the shot and I think the effect can work, but as I see this shot my eyes start to strain to try and resolve it to have a sharp point - its distracting and really means I can't just view the image.

Most reactions

Back