KooMoo Here :]

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by Koomoo, Apr 8, 2010.

1. Koomoo

Koomoo TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Hi Everyone
    i recently purchased a Nikon D3000, had it for about 3 weeks now. it came with the stock 18-55mm lens

i've been taking quite a lot of pictures
    Tell me what u guys think
    I am always willing to learn.

Thanks =]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

more to come! Tell me what u guys think! Thanks!!!

2. Geaux

Geaux No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos OK to edit
    Whoa! I've learned if you want CnC on your pictures, its best to post 3-5 for review.

Only shot I liked is the ferris wheel, the rest are 'snapshots'

3. Koomoo

Koomoo TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Define snapshots :O

4. dj-cline

dj-cline TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    snapshots - you pulled out your camera, and just took a photo. without thinking about composition or anything.

correct me if im wrong?

5. Koomoo

Koomoo TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Damn so i was taking snapshots?

hard to think about lighting/background when half your body is out of a car going about 80mph
    I try to take more photos with better lighting and better angles.
    I havent found any good spots yet.

6. white

white TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Try panning the car instead. Greater sense of speed and you don't have to risk your life doing it.

7. Eventer

Eventer TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I agree with what Geaux said. I like the ferris wheel one too. None of the other look spectacular..
    I do like the one above the ferris wheel though. Perhaps with some editing you could make them look cool :D

8. Fedaykin

Fedaykin TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    The Corvette one and the Ferris wheel ones are the only I liked. Also, I suggest posting 5 shots maximum, people don't want to look and critique more than that usually.

9. Live_free

Live_free TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Ugh.. people like you are retarded. Doing this doesn't help him and is a NOOB CC. Really man I've seem some beautiful shots from "snapshots" also whos to say he wasn't thinking, criticizing the mans intelligence now?

I say all people crying snapshot should be banned for being idiots. :x

Also I'm NOT being nice when saying this but I looked at your pics on flickr, all look like they have crap composition among various problems.

Have a great day you loser.

10. agoodey

agoodey TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I am most definitely still a noob so take what I say with a pinch of salt. It looks to me like you haven't spent much time on these in PP, there are some fundamental issues with some of the shots which can't be fixed, like over exposure in the shot below, but they can definitely be improved on with a bit of time and thought. You could especially concentrate on your composition, if you can't do it while shooting (because of the whole Teen Wolf surfing on top of your van thing) then try experimenting with different crops. I have cropped a couple of your shots (hope you don't mind, let me know otherwise and i'll take them down) which IMO instantly improve them and make them less "snapshoty". I also messed with the Curves a bit.

Like I say I am still very much a noob myself, but it's all subjective right? Hope it helps.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. reznap

reznap No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos OK to edit
    Koomoo, if you plan on taking lots of pictures of cars you should get yourself a circular polarizing filter. Hoya makes a decent multicoated one for a reasonable price. If you want a really nice one, B+W makes one for over $100... I'd be afraid I'd drop it, personally.

Also, check your histogram when you get a chance, it'll help you avoid getting blown-out white hotspots on your images that can't be fixed in PP - like on 3, 4, 5 and 8.

#1 (and #6 mostly) are good in terms of exposure. The color looks great on that blue s2000, not sure what you're using for light. Both of these pictures are tilted too much for my liking. I'd try and avoid doing that, most of the time anyway. I know it's big in some magazines to have the picture cocked at a 33 degree angle but it's a matter of taste and style and could change at any time.

What I would have done in #1 to improve it (just an example) is to park the car in a less distracting area (no wal-mart logos or Lowes signs around... as well as other cars). A lot of people use parking garages and industrial parks. I'd get low, on eye-level (headlight level) with the car, get a few different angles. Try to accentuate what makes that car unique from the others.

Also, try to avoid showing yourself in the reflection of a car - like in the mazda's bumper. If you want to take one like that for fun, ok... but it takes away from the subject of the photo - which should be the car.

I like the light trails in #6 in the back also. Don't get discouraged with harsh criticisms.

12. Koomoo

Koomoo TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Thanks everyone for your feedback.

I have more pictures with better composition, i'll post them soon.

I still have a lot to learn and now you guys have open my mind up when it comes to taking pictures
    Lighting, background, color, mood of the picture, etc.

Tell me what u guys think of this one.
    [​IMG]