Korean War memorial

Fadi

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Bigger shots here: http://faditara.smugmug.com/gallery/517619/3/21371720/Large

What does the collective think?

21371720-M-1.jpg

I like it. I would say it is a little dark. But it is really haunting to look at.

it is a bit dark, but knowing this memorial, the lighting in incredibly difficult at night; an uninteresting memorial to shoot in daylight. nice job!

Fadi, I dont know if this is of any relevance to you, but you can set up your tripod and meter your camera for the statues in the back so they come out exposed properly, then do the same for the statues in the front and combine the photos in photoshop to ensure that all of your elements are properly lit and exposed. Just make sure you use a remote in order to keep the camera from moving. Speaking of remotes... I got my $8 tv remote to work with my D70! Let me know if you're interested in "how to"

Anton.

anton980 said:
...Speaking of remotes... I got my $8 tv remote to work with my D70! Let me know if you're interested in "how to"

Anton.
Yeah I would.

I was going for a darker, more ghostly look. I took a couple more I can post tonight if you wanna see them. I'm still trying to hone my night time skills. As you can see, It still needs work... I appreciate the insight.

Fadi said:
Yeah I would.

I was going for a darker, more ghostly look.

From my personal experience I find that it is better to darken a photograph as a post process rather than underexpose it. That way you dont loose the detail.

As far as the remote - I bought an RCA model # RCU410 remote control and the TV code 066 works. when you push the power button, it triggers the shutter. I'm planning to do a lot of night photography, so this will come in handy.

Looks very cool. Nicely done.

Tuna

Most reactions

Back